𝕾𝖎𝖃

A cold draft tickles my legs making me shiver. I feel my senses slowly coming back to me as I wake up, suddenly the hard floor feels very uncomfortable.  My eyes flutter open but my vision is blurry and fogged over from crying. I squint at the light as I attempt to look around. Why is it so cold? I wish I was in bed under the covers with a big hoodie on.
My eyes finally adjust and I look around. I notice that I'm lying on the concrete but I'm no longer in that dark room Wednesday had me in earlier. I place my hands on the floor and go to sit up but as soon as my body rises I feel a sharp pain shot through my whole lower half. I whimper and lie back down helplessly. I look around me and realize I'm on a balcony that looks out over what appears to be a garden. The night sky is dark but clear, stars twinkle brightly against the midnight blue hue. I roll from my side onto my back so that I can lay flat and stretch out my sore muscles. I hear a strange rattling noise as I move my arms. My eyes dart towards my wrist and I realize it's handcuffed and chained to the railing of the balcony. My heart starts to race as I realize I can't escape. It's not like I could get up anyway, my body is in too much pain. But at least if I wasn't chained to the balcony I could attempt to crawl away.

I hear Wednesday chuckle and my heart leaps into my throat. I flinch at the sound and suddenly I wish I could slide between the slots in the balcony.
My eyes look around frantically before landing on him. He sits at a small table with a cup of tea in his hands. There's an amused look plastered on his face as he stares down at me.

"I didn't realize I had to chain you to a wall for you to realize that running is pointless," Wednesday hums. He seems pleased with himself as his eyes looks me up and down.

I want to tell him that as soon as he takes these chains off and my body no longer screams at me, I'll be running for the hills, but I know if I say that he'll never unchain me. Instead I focus on his sliver lip ring as he takes a sip from his tea cup.
A cold draft flows over me and I shiver in what tiny clothing I have on.

"Why are we outside?" I question as my teeth clatter.

Wednesday sets his tea cup down and stands up swiftly. He walks over to the balcony and places his hands on the railing. I watch as he looks out into the night sky and breaths in the cool air.

"Because it's nice out," he finally answers, his eyes are focused on what's in front of him.

"It's cold," I grumble as I shiver.

Wednesday looks down at me and chuckles.

"You're the one that decided to wear that skimpy outfit," Wednesday comments as he moves back over to the small table.

Skimpy? My outfit is not skimpy! It's not like anything is hanging out, it's just a little short.

"Are you going to leave me out here to freeze?" I question as I slowly curl up into a ball in attempt to save what body heat I have left.

A smile tugs on his lips.

"Well you have been a bad girl so it seems deserving," Wednesday grins.

I frown. Is he going to keep making my life so painful? Why can't he kill me know and get this over with?
I look at Wednesday's attire. A long black trench coat covers his lengthy body, a simple black t-shift and some jeans rest underneath it. He has a hat on top of his head keeping his ears warm. He's definitely not cold.

"Can I have your jacket?" I blurt. My skin is so cold it burns which only adds to the pain in my body.

Wednesday thinks for a moment.

"I think I'd rather watch you get frostbite, it's much more entertaining," Wednesday smiles as he intertwines his fingers and places them on the counter.

I whimper at his cruelness.

"Please," I ask one final time. I'm shivering violently as the wind keeps blowing.

Wednesday chuckles.

"Look at you, now you're ready to beg me," he smirks.

I roll my eyes. Fine, maybe I don't need that jacket after all, I don't want anything from him if he's going to patronize me.
Another draft washes over me and I bite my lip to keep my teeth from clattering. My pleading eyes flick up to Wednesday's.
He smiles and stands up leaving me alone on the balcony.
I frown. So this is how I'm going to die, I'm going to freeze on this evil man's balcony. I can already image the old man telling all the young children about me.

"Lock your doors kids. Remember Stella? You don't want to end up like her ," he'd say.

I feel a fresh set of tears sting my eyes. I'm so stupid and stubborn and now I'm going to die for it.
I close my eyes as I shiver.

Suddenly, I feel someone's hands on me and I flinch as something soft is placed against me. I look up and my eyes are met with Wednesday's. His face is way too close for comfort and I feel my heart beat speed up as he pats my shoulder. He stands back up with out saying a word and collects his tea cup from the table. I look down at the large blanket he placed over me and I snuggle into it.

"Goodnight," he mutters as he goes to close the balcony door.

"You're going to leave me out here?" I panic.

Wednesday smirks.

"If you haven't been able to tell, I enjoy causing you discomfort," he cackles as he looks down at me.

I tug the blanket up to my chin as I shrink away from him.

"Just so you're aware, the ravens might kill you in your sleep, but if they don't I'll make sure to hurt you plenty tomorrow," Wednesday smiles darkly as he places his hand on the door knob.

"If you see a big black one with one of his eyes missing, his name is slasher. I haven't fed him in while and I'm sure he's hungry," Wednesday grins, "make sure to say hi to him for me."

Wednesday shuts the glass door to the balcony and I watch as he disappears into his bedroom.
I bite my lip as I look around the balcony. I doubt I'll be getting any sleep tonight, I'll be watching for vicious ravens. I watch as the lights in Wednesday's bedroom turn off. I tug on the chains before sighing. How much longer will he keep dragging this out? How long until I'm just an empty grave in the cemetery?