𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

~
(A/N): We reached Wednesday's beloved number thirteen. Go put thirteen with some spooky emojis in the comment section to celebrate.
~

I sigh as I hide in the library behind a pile of books. My heart isn't racing but my mind sure is. Wednesday's been very gentle with me again but now no matter what I try to tell myself, I still can't help but feel on edge. I don't trust him, I don't think I ever really did but now I really don't trust him. I don't necessarily hate him even though I want to. I want to be angry and despise him and seek vengeance but for some reason hating him feels so wrong. I definitely don't love him either but some times I find myself staring at him from afar or remembering how his lips feel on mine.
One thing I do hate is these thoughts. They're so complicated, pathetic and completely unnecessary.
I sigh as I flip the page of a book I'm not really even reading.
I wish things could just go back to normal. I wish Wednesday was only sweet and passionate with me but now that I know he's just stringing me along I don't want anything to do with him.
The house has been quiet today and I haven't seen Wednesday since this morning. There's a lonely feeling that has wrapped itself around me, making me mopey. A part of me craves Wednesday but my sense are filled with fear since I know his moods are rapidly changing.
I set the book down and peak through the holes in the bookshelves to check around the room. When I don't see anyone I stand up and quietly walk through the library towards the ladder that leads to the extra room upstairs. I frown as I stop in front of the ladder, I can feel the way Wednesday's hands helped me up the ladder weeks before.
I push these thoughts aside as I begin the climb. I pull myself up the tall ladder that stretches to the hole in the wall near the ceiling. I stop when I get up high and take a moment to look out over the library. The book cases are tall and the room still looks cozy despite the empty feeling that blows through it. I grumble to myself as I crawl into the hole in the wall. I crawl on my knees through the small tunnel as quickly as I can. The house is still silent and I can't help but wonder where Wednesday is and what he's up to. I stand up as soon as I make it into the main room and I stretch my arms above my head. I look out the window and frown when I see it's dark and cloudy. The sky looks like it could open up at any moment and pour all its contents down on the earth.
I grab one of the comfy chairs and sit down on it, letting myself sink low into its cushions. I pull a blanket over my lap and a pillow on top of it. My eyes dart back out the window as I look out into the garden. I spot the cave where the pool room is and frown when I feel my lips tingle at the memories.
I roll my eyes, I need to get over myself. Wednesday has my mind in a trap that I haven't been able to escape from. All rational thoughts are replaced with confused emotional ones as I try to comprehend my feelings for the man. The rational part of me keeps telling me to start planning my escape and find a way to get home but the soft part of me keeps reminding me of his rare moments of kindness. I bring the pillow to my face and let out a frustrated scream as I frown to myself. Negativity is flowing through me turning my once playful personality into a dark bitter one. I close my eyes and sigh as I lay against the bean bag chair. My bangs have grown out and they now hang into my eyes but I don't mind one bit. I feel like I need to hide every part of myself.
My mind drifts off to my parents and I instantly feel my heart sting, Wednesday never did tell me what he did to them. I feel tears prick my eyes and I quickly blink them away. I bite my lip as a couple tears run down my face. I've experienced so many different emotions these past couple of weeks that I feel myself crumbling. I stifle my sobs as I pull the fluffy blanket up to my neck. My eyes are squeezed shut and my mind is elsewhere, I don't even notice the sound of a drawer opening until it closes.
I feel my breath catch in my throat as a sense of fear washes over me.
My senses are suddenly on high alert as I can hear Wednesday's footsteps walking through the room. I hold my breath as I feel his presence. Wednesday's arms are suddenly around me and I begin to panic as he picks me up. I thrash against him as he places me in his lap.