𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

I stop in front of the open window to the basement and take a deep breath.
The duffel bag is heavy on my shoulder but I ignore the slight discomfort and slip through the basement window.
My eyes quickly adjust to the darkness as I take in my surroundings.
The basement is pretty much empty. There's only a washing machine and a dryer.
I look to the right and notice the door to the stairs. The door is partially open, giving me a nice view of the wooden steps. I make my way towards it and leave the door wide open as I quietly walk up the old creaky steps.
My heart is beating and my palms are sweaty as I push open the door to the main floor of the house.
Everything is dark and silent as I step onto the cold floors. I look around me and notice a small kitchen and a living room. The house has a homey feeling, perfect for a single person to live in.
I set my bag down on the first step to the basement and get to work.
I pull out a bottle of chloroform and the rag Wednesday placed inside the large duffel. I notice a small gas mask so I quickly put it on and apply the chemical onto the rag. One breath of this will instantly make any grown man pass out. I grab a small baggie and place the rag inside before stuffing it into my pocket.
I remove my gas mask and place it back in the duffel bag before I zip the bag closed.
I can feel my nerves twitching as I stand up and look around me.
I see a small guest bathroom off to the side and right next to it is the staircase that leads up stairs. I pull my hood down to cover my face and I reach into my back pocket for my bat.
The house is dead silent and lifeless. I feel so out of place here. I was never meant to become a kidnapper.
I take a deep breath as I try to calm my nerves.

"You can do this," I remind myself as I approach the staircase.

I can feel my heart beating frantically in my chest. The house almost feels too quiet. I climb the staircase and take a look at my surroundings. I can feel myself growing suspicious, they're no decorations in this part of the house, just blank white walls.
I step onto the carpet that lines the upper level floors. My grip on the bat tightens as I look down the long hall that leads to the man's bedroom. I take a moment to listen for any sign of movement. If I can go into his room and place the rag over his mouth while he's sleeping than I won't have to stay here for much longer.
I walk down the hall and look into each room.
I peak my head into a room that looks like an office and I look for any signs of the man. Every room seems empty so far.
I notice a full sized bathroom with a window in it and I take note of it just in case I need to use that window.
Finally, I reach the door to his bedroom. The door is plain and white with a silver handle. I look down at the small crack between the door and the carpet, the room is pitch black and silent. I move my bat into my left hand so I can turn the knob with my right. I can feel my hands shaking as I slowly turn the knob and quietly push the door open.
As soon as I step into the room I notice that the man is not in his bed and the sheets have been tossed onto the floor.

"Looking for someone," a voice says.

Before I can swing my bat in the man's direction a fist connects with my face and sends me flying to the ground. I wince as I feel something wet drip out of my mouth and down my chin. I can taste the saltiness of my blood as I hold my cheek.

"A girl? I didn't realize he kept trophies," the man cackles as he looks down at me.

My face throbs and a seemingly endless amount of blood drips down my chin and onto my cloak.

"I wonder how he'll feel if I kill his lady," the man chuckles as he takes a step toward me.

I feel my blood boil as my jaw continues to throb. I'm so tired of men hitting me.

"We're going to have some fun," the man smiles as he bends down in front of me and reaches out to grab my hair.

I snarl and kick him as hard as I can in his mouth.
I hear him curse under his breath as he stumbles away from me.
My eyes quickly scan the floor for my bat as I hear him spit onto the carpet.