𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

My heart is beating so fast I'm starting to think that it's going to rip out of my chest. I continue to run aimlessly down the halls of the tunnel. It's dark and I can barely see a foot in front of me. The area is unfamiliar and that only adds to the fear that's flowing through me. Images of Wednesday or whatever figure is chasing me flood my mind. I can just image them jumping out in front of me and grabbing me unexpectedly. I continue to run and hope for the best.
I see an open arch and an idea pops into my head. I told Wednesday I wasn't going to swim so maybe if I crawl into the arch and hide in the water he won't look for me in there. I turn quickly and duck under the arch. I walk close to the sides and I frown as I look down at the water below me. It's so dark I can barely see. Who knows how deep this water is or what's in it. I sigh as I scratch my head. Wednesday is always getting me to do things that I don't want to do. I hear another cackle and I quickly slip into the water as quietly as I can. My teeth instantly clatter as the water soaks what little clothing I have on. I quickly take the jacket and tuck it in between my legs to protected from whatever bacteria might be flowing through these waters. So many thoughts are running through my mind as I hide in the freezing water. I'm starting to realize how my decisions really have a large impact on what happens to me. I got cocky and didn't listen to my parents or anyone for the matter and now I'm here, a rat in a cage. I decided to run for the door instead of staying put and got a beating. I was too irritated and uncomfortable to change outside of the shower and now I have no underwear to provide some sort of protection.
I frown as I rest my head on my arms and gently tread.
Wednesday enjoys my stupid decisions way too much. The way his lips twist into a grin when he realizes I've been "bad." I can feel the excitement that radiates off of him when he realizes he gets to cause me some sort of pain. Even when he was cleaning my wounds he still tried to make it as painful as possible.

I hear footsteps walking nearby and my breath catches in my throat as I sink down a little deeper into the water and out of sight. I can't see anything but I can feel his presence nearby. I hear his footsteps drawing near so I take a deep breath and sink under the water. I close my eyes and hold my breath as my fingers hold the ledge tightly.
I slowly count the time. I can't hold my breath forever.
I decide to peak my eyes open and see if I can see in the water. I open one eye at a time and let them adjust to the running water. My eyes sting a little but it's not bad. I look around me but I can't see anything but the murky dark green color of the water. A weird noise catches my attention and I slowly turn around as I can see light illuminating behind me. I look forward and see Wednesday holding a lamp that lights up his face. He smiles at me and I scream as I try to come up for air. I cough slightly but ignore the pain in my lungs as I try to jump out of the water as quick as I can. I get one foot up on the ledge before Wednesday grabs my other one and pulls me back under with him. I scream but quickly hold my breath as I sink into the depths of the water.
I can feel his hands on me and I thrash against him. My air supply is low this time since I was not prepared to go back under. I can feel my lungs gasping for breath but I refuse to inhale, I don't want to drown. I struggle against Wednesday's grip. I try and do anything to get him off of me. Punching, kicking, pinching, anything!
I manage to dig my nails deep into his skin and suddenly he lets go of me and pulls up for air. I follow his actions and gasp for oxygen. My heart is pounding and my lungs are desperate. I tread water as well as I can as I look around for Wednesday. I spot him sitting on the edge, an irritated look rests on his face as he looks at his arm. I notice a light trickle of blood dripping down it and I smile. There's a sense of satisfaction in giving him the same treatment he gives me.

"Oh really? You think this is funny?" Wednesday asks as he walks closer to me.

I stare him down as he comes near me. I will always challenge him, even if he kills me for it, at least I will have known that I died with my dignity and my pride.
Wednesday raises an eyebrow at me.