5 . ACCIDENT

Last year Sam forced Anu to practice doing parade and they participated in independence celebrations together.

They had been to many places together. Went for evening walks.

Went to different temples covering all their surrounding areas on Vinayaka chavithi. And on 31st, Dec Anu's birthday, Sam wished at 12am. Did video calls, posted a beautiful status wishing her. They played holi in the hostel and had lot of fun. They pulled pranks on others. They managed to go home on Diwali and Ugadi. They did window shopping often. Sam used to insist Anu to get down into the water in  beach everytime. All these beautiful memories flashed in her mind.

Sam said how Anu missed celebrating her birthday in hostel. Said how she was going to make it big in their second year. Promised they would together celebrate New Year in Ritu's home. And now she didn't even bother to ask when was Anu's book going to be released. Many people wished her on her birthday including Arun and Rishi, but Sam was special to Anu. They were good friends Ofcourse.

All these things were hovering in her mind.

“I have other friends too, close friends. Why should I bother much about her. I don't care, let her do whatever she want.” Anu was little  furious.

“ No, that's how bonds break. I should talk about this and clear any kind of miscommunications. ” She thought the very next moment. Anu never makes instant decisions.

……………………………………

Anu agreed to stay in Ritu's home on her insistence till 2 nd Jan. It's about 7pm when she got a call from Arun.

“I just have just come to hostel. Sam said she isn't coming. I'm near Ritu's house. You both can join me!” He said.

Ritu's parents are friendly and fun loving. They are also fond of Rishi, Anu, Sam and Arun. They too joined the three and they all had dinner in a restaurant.

“Be safe and reach home before 1am. Have fun, but don't eat road side stuffs much.” Ritu's mom said, when they asked they want to roam outside, in the house surroundings and enjoy the weather talking.

......................................

That's the first time in life, Anu was walking on almost empty, beautiful roads at night time. She was surrounded by friends, they were laughing, eating and cracking jokes. It's like her dream came true.

At 12am, everyone on road suddenly started singing a birthday song for her, made her cut her favourite chocolate cake they ordered online, Ritu's parents too joined them.

Anu was overwhelmed. It was a memorable day in her life.

She attended her friends calls and thanked them. She felt happy as Sam did a video call at 12 am to Ritu's phone and had been a part of her celebration virtually. All her doubts were gone too.

....................................

The morning they all went to temple and had breakfast at Ritu's home.

“When did you plan all that? ” Anu asked curiously.

“Sam said she has to attend wedding and asked to do something on your day at any cost. ” Arun said.