8. HIS GIRLFRIEND

"I like Arun. I think I love him," Sam yelled.

Anu looked at her puzzled.

"Yeah. He is always on Rishi's side. I mean always, just like a shadow. I slowly started liking him. I did feel jealous when you and Rishi talked , but later I realized I would never loose my place in Rishi's life. You only talk with Arun among guys, other than your school friends often. More over you both were lab mates in first and second years too. I'm afraid that he may start liking you, always. But I honestly never figured it out until a few days. I have always been noticing him and he looked quite impressed when you planned Rishi's birthday and stayed with us till aunt left. My stress level increased when you both got admitted in same coaching institute for Gate. He always asks about you whenever we meet. He was very much proud of you when your page and book got appreciation. He was too happy to celebrate your birthday. I'm kind of worried of losing him. I wondered what if he proposes you. I always felt upset when you talked on phone and when I came to know that you both did work together for the alliance. I'm sorry but I liked him without my knowledge and never realized it. I'm kind of unfair towards you. But trust me I never had anything against you. You are my best friend and will be always." Sam gasped.

Anu is dumbstruck for a while.

"I'm happy that my friend likes a really good guy. Caring, loyal and straight forward person he is. No wonder you like him." Anu smiled.

"Just now Rishi told me that Arun considers you like a sister. I shared all my chaos with him. I'm very much relieved now. " Sam said hugging Anu.

"So when you are going to talk to him? " Anu laughed."I wonder he thinks I'm out of mind. What if I lose his friendship too." Sam sounded worried.

"And, what about that letter?" Anu frowned after a pause, pointing at letter in Sam's hand..

"You will know by yourself soon." Sam smiled.

They gave their mid-2 exams the next week.

Theu again got busy with their own schedules.

Anu and Rishi enjoyed Sam trying to give hints to Arun and failing. They even laughed seeing Sam starting at Arun without her knowledge.

(As Rishi went to his home this year on his birthday to surprise his mom, they haven't done anything big.)
.....................................

"Let's play truth or dare." Rishi's classmate cum topper of their branch Anjali said, when they all met in gallery near chemical department.

Arun, Anu, Rishi, Sam, Ritu, Anu's friend Megha ,Sam's friend Devi everyone sat making a circle.
"I choose dare! " Sam the first victim said instinctively. She is afraid Rishi and Anu would tease her if she chooses truth.

"Go to a random girl and say you are cringe." Devi laughed.
"I go with truth! " Arun said.

"When you felt very bad in college life? " Megha asked.
Sam cursed her inside as she thought of asking who his crush is.
"When we lost cricket match in inter college competition. I almost cried. " He said clutching.
"I choose truth! " Anjali said.
"Who supports you most? Mom or dad?" Devi asked.
"I lost them when I was 3 years old." She mumbled. Everyone looked shocked expect Rishi, Arun who knew it being her school friends.
Arun quickly diverted them towards game.
"Sing a song! " Megha who knows Anu is poor in singing said sarcastically.
All in sudden it started to rain. They all rushed into the building. Ritu and Anjali being day scholars left for their homes on Anjali's scooty. They also have their raincoats ready.
The remaining got drenched in rain by the time they reached hostels. However Anu, Sam and Megha did dance in rain cheering in the hostel ground. Others joined them quickly. While boys chose to play football in rain.
Just hostler things.