28. PANIC

" Anjali? " Rishi reached her, who is in panic.

"And what's him doing here?" Rishi wondered looking at his employee, who is surrounded by people , as if he is a culprit. He looked assaulted by people around.

" He has been stalking me since a few days, though I denied his proposal. Today he suddenly showed up at my home and tried to barge inside with a knife. He has been blackmailing me to say Yes! He planned to... maybe slit my throat!!" Anjali is stressed.

" She retaliated and screamed for help. Luckily neighbours encountered this and came to her rescue." The watchman added.

" How dare you moron! He is harmful to society, bloody misogynist! " Raghu punched him hard.

" Police are informed right!" Rishi asked.

" Yeah! I have tolerated as I thought he is just being immature. I was concerned about his career. But he is an egoistic psycho." Anjali yelled.

" Anjali, you should get first Aid done!" Rishi said pointing at her right hand bleeding.

" Bro, you now have recording right! I will take care of things here. You must leave!" Raghu suggested.

" It's okay. I will reschedule it!" Rishi said.

" No, that can spoil your image! I'm fine," Anjali ensured.

" Take care!" Rishi nodded, " Thank you all, for helping our friend!" Rishi appreciated as they fought for Anjali, instead of being mere bystanders.

Raghu attended Anjali. As Anjali looked panicked, he suggested her to go to Anu or Megha's flat and not sleep alone.

" It's okay! I'm fine now!" Anjali smiled.

Raghu stayed there for 15 more minutes to lighten her mood, cracking jokes.

" See, you should make friends in your neighborhood too!" Raghu suggested before leaving.

Rishi drove to Anu's shooting location after recording.

" I was passing by same route. Thought of picking you up!" Rishi said.

Anu is narrating about an incident from her school life. While, Rishi is listening calmly.

He didn't really speak.

" Take care!" He hugged her before she left for her room giving a box.

Pepper spray, handwritten list of emergency contacts and Apps to be saved in phone, self protection knifes and other things. Anu wondered why is Rishi that concerned about safety suddenly.

She realized the reason, when Raghu narrated Megha and her, about the attack on Anjali, the next day in between shooting.

" He is in jail; Bro got him sacked him from job quickly," Raghu added.

" It's a fact that it's not safe for girls in our country. Men like him are a disgrace to other men. Women are preached about how to talk, sit, stand, cook, breathe, exist.....with too many conditions since childhood. But 80% of parents don't teach their sons, how to treat and behave with women. Sick! You should add track in serial story about this!" Raghu said frustrated, when all of them gathered at Anjali's home the evening.