15. FRIENDS AGAIN

Anu stood silently.

"But he said it was a prank on me the next day! He told it's a copy of letter he wanted to give Anu initially. Even you said it was a prank," Sam cried.

"It was a lie. Rishi took Anjali's help to give her the letter to Anu,  as you both are friends and it wouldn't be nice to ask you the same. As Anu rejected his healthy and friendly admiration, which he didn't expect, we lied to you to avoid complications between you and Anu. " Arun said.

Anu looked at them puzzled.

"He felt embarrassed to meet you after that. He felt very bad. You are probably the first girl he liked. It wasn't love, but that was the reason why he was upset during 5th semester because of your rude reply. Probably Anjali read that letter before giving you and used to gain his attention by being much understanding." Arun said.

Anu collapsed on the chair.

"After some days, he became normal and started being like always. Even I wondered why a matured girl like you reacted like that over little crush, instead of telling your opinion alone. He just wanted to be friends with you, it was an approach with respect and liking both. Then she proposed him. After accepting her, he got more comfortable infront you. I mean he lost feelings for you. But never talked much with you as that would make Anjali insecure and also he was also little angry on you. But he felt relieved as you didn't talk about it infront of him anytime, including Sam. " Arun said.

Sam looked at him wondering why she failed to notice Rishi's pain. Also wondered why Anu didn't tell her anything about it.

"She never gave me any letter. Forget about my reaction! " Anu mumbled, "nor did she speak to me."

Anu felt very bad very Rishi. She thought what if she read that letter?

"So, Anjali lied to Rishi!" Arun yelled.

"How could she be that selfish? She executed everything with plan. Making Rishi misunderstand Anu, then impressing and proposing him!" Sam snapped.

Soon, Rishi and Megha came there. Akash too woke up from sleep. Arun quickly changed the topic.

They cooked together. Anu and Sam are amazed by Rishi and Akash's cooking skills. They just realized none of them are good in it. 

"Let's go and get ready. " Sam cheered up.

Rishi looked charming in black shirt and googles gifted to him by Sam.

"WTH, I too bought black T- shirt and black trouser! Is it your surprise? That's why I asked you tell me what you are going to buy. But you want credit, " Arun yelled.

"I bought a black jacket, he doesn't buy black clothes and we all bought for the same! " Akash laughed.

Anu gave him a wrapped gift pack.

Sam quickly opened it.

There is a portrait of guy singing on stage, face turned sideways, while playing guitar.

"Beautiful!" Everyone said, except Rishi.

He thanked her and smiled.

They did go out to temple first.

"Anu generally doesn't visit temple on birthday, she would go if she wants, no sentiments. But she used to accompany me in college, on my birthday. You are the second person probably !" Sam laughed.

Arun gave her a look signaling her, as Anu is already upset.

"Remember we once visited Church with Arun,  as Anu was very curious about seeing Church back then in college. And her wish since childhood was fulfilled at last, she couldn't do that in her hometown. I joined them only to stalk Arun, and we go together now." Sam smiled.