Chapter Twenty Two- Apologies

"He's been glaring at me for the last twenty minutes," Harry looks uncomfortably at the black haired man standing by the lifeguard chair fifteen feet away from him. Even under his sunglasses Harry can feel his deadly glare on him, like it's burning into his skin.

"Well, he is Draco's best friend," Hermione says splashing some water towards Teddy's feet, Teddy giggles loudly, his hair is bright purple today. The glares from other parents makes Hermione slightly uncomfortable, but Teddy likes it so they can honestly bugger off.

"I know," Harry says holding onto Victoire as she plays with her mermaid Barbie's. Harry and Hermione have been sitting in the baby pool as Ron splashes around the deeper pools with Bill and Charlie. Why he had to come with he doesn't know. It was Hermione's idea, get him out of his house and have some fun. The one crucial point she forgot, Draco works here and she doesn't know his schedule. Though, she knows he doesn't work weekends, it's Sunday so she wasn't expecting to see him take two steps out of the door and then bolt back inside. Charles, she thinks that's his name, stepped outside in his bright supervisor shirt and is now lifeguarding.

Draco is brooding in the office, his glare deadly on the computer screen. Charles has a boring job, he just sits here takes some numbers, checks chemicals, and answers phone calls. Nothing like he thought it would be like. He can see Harry sitting in the baby pool holding a small blonde child, how dare he invade his pool again. Draco groans hearing the phone ring for the fifth time in the last half an hour. He picks it up quickly.

"Hello! London Community Pool, how can I help you?" His customer service voice really coming out. His eye twitches hearing a girly squeak on the other side of the phone.

"Hi, I called a couple weeks ago about a pool party. We were scheduled to come in at noon," The voice makes his blood boil, how dare she call his pool. It seems like the world just hates him.

"Alright, how many people did you have in your group and what's the name?" Draco doesn't know why he asks, he can remember that squeaky voice even over the phone. How she learned how to use a muggle phone is beyond him.

"Just fifteen, the name is Tori Greengrass," Draco's eye twitches again. He sighs inaudibly and puts on his best customer voice once again.

"Glad to have you, just check in with the front desk when you get here and your tables and gazebo are already reserved. Thank you for scheduling with us, Tori," Draco tries to not let his irritation show.

"Oh! I have a question," Her voice is still as shrill as ever and Draco can't stand it.

"Of course, ask away," Draco stares blankly at the computer screen looking over the details.

"I was wondering which guards were guarding today?" Draco furrows his eyebrows, he's not sure if he can answer that question. "I just want to know if an old friend is working today."

Draco takes a deep breath through his nose and scrolls down the list farther.

"Well, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say who's working," Draco stares up at the ceiling, his eyes looking at the tiles and slowly counting them as he hears her sigh.

"Is Drake Mayer working? I specifically made sure he would be working. We're old friends, you see. I'm sure if you asked him who I was he'd be sure to tell you he knew me," The confident way Astoria says his fake name makes his blood boil even more.

"Ah, I see. Yes, he's working today. He's not lifeguarding though, he's actually doing desk work today. You know answering phone calls, scheduling pool parties and such," Draco hopes she gets the point he's trying to get across.

"Oh, well can you make sure he's lifeguarding today? I specifically asked for him and last time you people told me he would work it," The haughty way she says it almost makes Draco smile, almost.