Chapter Forty- Lifeguards

Draco lied, he totally dropped his keys and the coat that was in his hands. He looks back at George who is smiling like a lunatic. He should have known, he really is dumb sometimes. George acting strange, asking strange questions? Giving even stranger answers? How could he have been so oblivious, he might give Harry a run for his money at this point. He should have figured it out.

Though he is a little happy that he was a bit oblivious to the whole thing that has been set up in his apartment. A cheesy little banner is hanging from the fireplace, the words so clear yet he doesn't want to believe it. Harry is standing nervously in the middle of a pile of rose petals. Draco can vaguely hear George shutting the door, his laughter echoing as the ginger runs down the stairs. At least that's what Draco thinks he does. He really doesn't know where George has gone. All he can see is the wonderful sight in front of him.

He knows that he should say something, Harry is looking at him with such a nervous and unguarded look. Draco thinks he probably looks like a fool, he will have to pick his jaw up off the floor soon. His eyes feel like they're stinging, he feels like he has gone into shock. His eyes are locked on the banner on the fireplace. He can barely hear the music playing softly with the sound of the blood rushing in his ears.

Harry catches his attention, he has kneeled and is looking like he is sweating bullets in the nice suit he is wearing. Draco can't take his eyes off of the small box in his hands, he doesn't know if he has breathed since stepping into the apartment.

"So?" He barely catches the small voice of Harry kneeling in the middle of his living room. He snaps out of his stupor. He can definitely feel the tears coming, he really doesn't want to cry.

"I know that it's a little soon, but I've never been so sure of anything in my life," Harry starts standing back up and making his way towards the blond. Draco just stares at him awestruck. "I never thought I would love somebody as much as I love you. It's a little crazy to think about, sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up and this was never real. Even if this is a dream, I wouldn't care because I got to spend it with you. I am so in love with you. You are honestly the most amazing person, you're caring and kind. You care about me, just me, not my title or my accomplishments. You don't care about any of that, you just love me for me. I love you for you as well, I don't care about our past mistakes, nothing could make me love you any less than I do at this moment. Sorry, this is a little long winded but you're not speaking and I really hope that it's because you're shocked but in a good way. But really, I have never felt this way for anyone, the way I feel about you is really hard to put into words. I love you so much, I never thought it would be possible. Thank you for showing me what real love is. So, I guess I will actually ask you the question instead of letting that banner take my spotlight."

Harry kneels again, his eyes never leaving the grey ones above him. He reaches up and grabs one of Draco's hands in his own. Draco feels like he is the one that is dreaming. This cannot be real. This cannot be real, nothing this amazing ever happens to him. He has only really known him for a little over six months, sure Draco was ready, but he didn't think Harry was. This is not real, it simply cannot be.

"Draco, will you marry me?"

Draco can't form words. He opens his mouth, not wanting to leave Harry kneeling there for too long. He blinks down at Harry who is staring at him nervously, how the fuck did he ever get this lucky?

"Yeah, I guess so," Draco breaks into a grin at the way Harry chuckles and stands up quickly. Maybe he should have actually said something that wasn't that sarcastic, but he thinks it fits the two of them to a T.

"Of course you would say something like that," Harry says before crashing his lips onto Draco's. Draco wraps his arms around Harry's shoulders, pulling him closely and deepening the kiss. Harry tastes like everything good and holy and pure and wonderful and amazing.