Chapter Six-Back to Work

Draco sat back on his lifeguard chair after a day and a half of relaxing. Who would have thought just a mere three days ago Harry Potter would have popped back into his life? Then to top it all off he would ask him out?! The smirk that is covering Draco's face does not fall at all, even after getting teased relentlessly by none other than his own supervisor. For a person so adamant on paying attention to the water, he's been doing his damnedest to get Draco to crack and pay attention to him for the last five hours. Only forty-five more minutes of dealing with him, then he can go home.

"Drake, you can't just ignore me! I need to know all the details!" Charles shakes the wooden stand. Draco just glances at him and looks back at the water, his sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose. It's a slightly cooler day, still hot for the beginning of June though. His birthday is a few days away, maybe he will ask for the day off. Charles is still shaking his chair when it's time to switch places with another guard. Charles watches him as he steps down.

"Draco," Draco looks over at the use of his actual name, so does the other guard. Draco sighs, rubbing his temples slightly before looking over at Charles.

"Do not use my full name, you sound like my mother," Draco smirks at the gobsmacked expression on Charles face, the other guard is looking at Draco strangely.

"Your name is Draco? Not Drake?" The guard that he thinks is named Louis asks.

"Yes, only a few people know, I'd like to keep it that way. Right, Charles?" The glare Draco sends Charles can be felt even under the reflective glasses. Charles nods his head hurriedly, following after Draco once he starts moving again. 

"I'll call you Draco again if you don't tell me," Charles whines following the blond, Draco rolls his eyes and switches places with the other guard. Baby pool, the most hectic place in existence. Full of tiny children and inattentive parents. Maybe he could con Charles into helping him watch if he talks to him.

"Watch the pool with me and I'll tell you, maybe then you can be useful," Draco sighs while Charles all but beams.

"You're saying I'm useless? Wow, I'm wounded," Charles scans the pool with the blond, his eyes never leaving the pool.

"We just went out to eat," Draco sighs again when Charles nudges his shoulder like an overexcited schoolgirl.

"What else, that can't be it!"

"Well, since he's well kind of a celebrity where he's from, it was in the papers. My mother saw it and was giving me shit for overreacting. Then in the middle of me tearing my hair out, he showed back up and we went out to dinner," Draco laughs when Charles waves his hands excitedly. Charles fist bumps the air and nudges Draco harder.

"I knew you two had chemistry. I am a god at match-making. Like, anyone with eyes could tell you guys were going to kiss and then run off into the sunset together," Charles laughs at the scowl Draco sends him. He's not that obvious, sure, Harry is fucking gorgeous, but that doesn't mean Charles knew about it. He's not that readable.

Draco looks up when the pool doors open. He totally isn't surprised when a raven haired boy with emerald eyes walks through the pool doors. His eyes totally don't widen, nor does his face split into a grin. He totally doesn't blush when Charles squeaks and points out the boy. Who's he kidding? Of course he does all those things.

Harry is walking towards him, a small smile on his face. Wondering if this is a good idea, he knows Draco is working, but he thinks he gets off soon. Draco looks at the clock, only twenty more minutes of guarding the aforementioned baby pool then he can run off with Harry. Charles nudges Draco when Harry gets closer, Charles smile widening seeing Harry's slight glare at him nudging the blond. He likes when the jealous types come around, he would never go for Draco, he's just not his type. But, it's fun to mess with him because green eyes seems to get angry.