Chapter Twenty Eight- Lifeguards and an Unexpected Boyfriend

Harry stood awkwardly in the office of Kingsley Shacklebolt. His eyes wandering around the room, glancing at the copious amounts of books and files spread around the area.

The tall dark man is sitting at his desk when Harry walks in. His eyes skimming over a document seeming to not notice Harry's presence.

"Uh, Kingsley," Harry questions, his voice seeming small and not at all confident like he wanted it to.

"Ah, Potter," Kingsley looks up from his documents, he leans forward in his chair, throwing the vanilla coloured folder on the desk. "What can I do for you?"

Harry nervously rocks back and forth on his heels, he knows he shouldn't be nervous, it's not like he's doing anything bad.

"I need to talk to you about my options," Harry says, wondering if that is the right thing to say as Kingsley is staring at him strangely.

"What do you mean?" Kingsley folds his hands under his chin and stares at the younger man.

"I don't think I can keep doing this," Harry scratches the back of his neck nervously. "Fighting the bad guys, I mean. I think I've fought for long enough, I don't want to keep fighting."

Kingsley just nods his head, Harry looks a little frazzled, his messy hair seeming to stick up more. He looks more tired than usual, his eyes surrounded by a ring of dark.

"I was wondering when you would come to me about this," Kingsley says simply. Harry raises an eyebrow, running a hand through his hair again. "I think I've noticed for a while that this job has been taking a toll on you. Especially since Malfoy and you have become an item."

"Yeah," Harry says simply, his eyes looking towards the tiled ground. "I just don't think I can keep putting myself and others in danger."

"Completely understandable, when do you want your last day to be?" Kingsley says simply. Harry just looks at the floor, he honestly thought it would be a bigger deal.

"I didn't think about that," Harry says quietly, staring at the tiles, counting the small squares.

"Well, we can do the two weeks thing like Muggles do," Kingsley says nodding his head looking at the frazzled man.

"Yeah, yeah," Harry nods. "That would work."

"Perfect," Kingsley says and picks up his folder once again.

***

"Charlie, I promise that I'm good," Draco says for the umpteenth time since stepping into the office.

Charles simply narrows his eyes at the blond man, not believing a word he is saying. Draco looks pale still, well, more than usual. His hair is combed again, his clothes still as stylish as usual.

"You will be careful," Charles wags his finger at the slightly shorter man. Draco simply rolls his eyes and nods his head.

Charles has been a little bit of a mother hen more towards Draco. Constantly on alert for even the slightest bit of discomfort, making sure he looks healthy, keeping him away from certain women named Astoria. Draco doesn't mind all that much, it's not like he would be doing these things himself.

"I do have a surprise for you today," Charles says slyly, hoping that Draco doesn't ask because he's a terrible liar.

"Is that so?" Draco says perking up slightly, Charles surprises are usually really good, so he's hoping this one is no different.

"Yep, it's a pretty good one. You're going to be training a new guard," Charles winks watching Draco deflate.

"That is the worst surprise in the world, I absolutely hate training new people," Draco groans grabbing his swim trunks and walking into the little office loo.