CH.15 Gifts

Chapter 15

1 month later.

"You know you didn't have to get me anything," Kiara said as she held up the small blue box.

Her rosy cheeks shimmered under the artificial sunlight as she sat by the pool with one of her feet in the cool water. Her midnight black hair blew in the late summer breeze as Killian laid his head on her lap and looked up at her smile.

"It's not just for you," he turned his head and placed a kiss on Kiara's baby bump. "It's for my little darling too."

"Can I open it?" Kiara asked, shaking the box near her ear.

"Open it," Killian laughed, reaching up and pulling on the white ribbon that was around the box.

"No, no, let me do it," Kiara pulled back as she took off the ribbon and lifted the box.

Killian watched her, waiting to hear the small gasp. He couldn't stop smiling as Kiara's eyes grew wide and filled with admiration.

"Killian..." Kiara pouted, tracting the necklaces in the box.

"Do you like them?" Killian pushed up to his elbows and looked into the small box.

"I do," Kiara nodded. "I love them."

With tender fingers, Kiara traced the pair on angel wings that hung from the longer of the two necklaces. The smaller necklace had a miniature pair of wings hanging from them that would have fit perfectly into the cut out on the bigger wings.

"Lila is a part of you," Killian said as he took the longer necklace out of the box and sat up. Kiara lifted her hair and turned around to let him fasen the gift around her neck.

"And she's a part of you," Kiara said as she felt Killian press a small kiss on the back of her neck. "Thank you."

"It looks beautiful," Killian watched Kiara turn around and fix her necklace. "Now, just the long wait for Lila."

"She will love it," Kiara said, looking at the small wings in the box. "These are perfect."

"Posey helped me pick them out," Killian watched Kiara's fingers. "She wanted the hearts."

"No," Kiara shook her head and looked up. "I like the wings."

"I thought so," Killian lifted his hand and pushed it into Kiara's hair.

He pulled her closer and captured her soft lips. He wanted to leave her breathless. Her lips were sweet as candy and soft as a dream. Killian could feel Kiara's smile and knew she was thinking about the night before, just as he was. Granted he couldn't be as rough as he wanted to be with her, but every single second of them in bed made everything in their life make sense.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" Killian asked as he pulled back to give Kiara air.

"Yes," Kiara nodded.

She grabbed the hem of her white dress and pulled it over her head. Underneath, her black bikini was ready to go as she turned and lowered her legs into the pool. Killian rose to his feet and took off his shirt before jumping in and taking a quick dive. When he surfaced, he moved closer to the edge and lifted Kiara into the water.

"Don't get my hair wet," Kiara said, slowly treading the water.

"What?" Killian laughed before splashing her.

"Killian!" Kiara shrieked.

"I didn't hear you," Killian laughed, splashing her again.

"Stop!" Kiara held up her hands and backed away.