Epilogue

Epilogue

"Don't worry about anything!" Posey said as she pushed Kiara playfully out the door. "I got this."

"Thank you," Kiara said, looking over her shoulder. "Killian has his cell phone. Call him if you need anything."

"My dove," Posey chuckled. "We have mind-links."

"Gemma is still helping me practice mine," Kiara reminded her as she hurried down the stairs.

"Okay, okay," Posey said, bouncing Lila. "I'll call if I need anything. Now hurry!"

"Kia!" Killian hollered from downstairs. "Hurry! Birdie and Macy are already there."

"Sorry, sorry," Kiara said, running down to the foyer. "I wanted to say good night to Lila."

"Ready?" Killian asked, fixing the collar of his shirt.

"Yes," Kiara nodded. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and did a small twirl. "What do you think?"

Killian's eyes moved up and down Kiara's body, admiring the black satin slip dress she wore. He wasn't a fan of her straightening her hair, but she was eager to try out something new.

"You look beautiful," he said, showering her with a smile she loved so much.

"Thank you," Kiara blushed. "I found it in my closet."

"Birdie will flip seeing you outfit repeat," Killian chuckled.

"Do I not do that?" Kiara asked. "Have I worn this dress before?"

"Once," Killian said. "For dinner years ago."

"Should I change?"

"No," Killian shook his head, "You look really beautiful."

"I'm trusting you," Kiara smoothed down her dress.

"Thank you for that," Killian said quietly.

"Okay, okay," Kiara tucked her hair behind her ears. "So Macy is dating Carter and Birdie is dating who?"

"Birdie is forever single," Killian laughed. "We're having a double date with Carter and Macy and Birdie is tagging along because she's weird."

"I actually really like her," Kiara laughed. "She's very funny. And her brother seems very nice."

"Don't even think about it," Killian rolled his eyes.

"Hayden is so dashing," Kiara swooned. "Tall, dark hair, sad eyes...."

Killian narrowed his eyes, wondering what she was trying to do. Kiara stared abc, biting her bottom lip to keep herself from bursting into laughter.

"Why do you like messing with me?" Killian shook his head.

"Because it's funny," Kiara laughed. "Birdie told me you used to be jealous of Hayden and me."

"Still am," Killian said under his breath.

"Oh relax," Kiara playfully pushed him. "Lucky for you, Hayden is hung up on someone else."

"Perfect," Killian chuckled.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," Killian nodded, taking a step back. "Do you want to try?"

"We might end up in bumble-fuck Alaska again," Kiara hesitated.

"I trust you," Killian laughed. "Go ahead."

With a small nod, Kiara took in a deep breath and slowly raised her hand. The air in front of her began to shimmer before spiraling and opening up into a portal.

"I think I have the right place," she said, turning to Killian.

"Together?" Killian held out his hand.

"Together," Kiara took his hand.

As the pair filled their lungs with air and jumped into the portal, Posey stood at the top of the stairwell with Lila in her arms and a sweet smile on her lips. She kissed the baby's head and watched the portal close, leaving the house silent and calm. Before she could turn away, her eyes caught the figure emerging from the entrance of the house.

"You're late," she said looking at her husband.

"My apologies," Tobias smiled. "Why don't you come down here?"

Posey shifted Lila in her arms and carefully descended the long stairwell. She stopped in front of Tobias and leaned in as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Did you see them?" she asked.

"Yes," Tobias nodded, touching the edge of Posey's face.

"They're going to be okay," Posey melted into the god's touch.

"They will be," Tobias stepped forward and placed a second kiss on Lila's head.

__________________________________

"I wasn't expecting to see you here," Killian eyed Hayden.

"Birdie was being annoying," Hayden shrugged.

"I was not," Birdie snorted. "Baba was annoyed with you looking like the antichrist. He bribed me to bring you here."

"You haven't re-met our father yet, have you?" Hayden asked Kiara as her eyes widened on her round face.

"Um....no," Kiara shook her head.

Hayden turned towards Killian, "keep it that way."

"Don't listen to him," Birdie kicked her brother under the table. "He's just been miserable company lately."

"Is everything okay?" Macy asked, opening her napkin and laying it down on her lap.

Before Hayden could answer, Birdie jumped in, "His girlfriend broke up with him."

"Who the fuck were you dating?" Killian wondered.

"No one," Hayden glared at his sister across the table. "We were not dating."

"They were just hopelessly in love with each other," Birdie leaned in closer to Kiara and whispered.

"I see," Kiara nodded.

"Alright," Hayden stirred in his seat and looked around. "This was nice. Kiara, a pleasure seeing you again. I'm going to head out now."

"What? No," Birdie frowned. "Baba said I had to keep you out past midnight."

"Sit down, Cinderella," Killian pushed Hayden back into his seat.

"Yeah," Macy frowned. "Stay. We're decent company."

"I don't doubt it," Hayden sighed. "But I would much rather spend my time in other ways."

"Hai hai if you leave I'll have to give baba back 50% of the money he gave me," Birdie sassed.

"I really don't care," Hayden laughed. "You should know better than to make deals with him."

"Hayden," Kiara tried her luck. "Stay...I want to meet my old friend."

For a brief second, Hayden hesitated. He was relieved Kiara and Killian were doing well but he couldn't sit around the table and watch her and him hold hands or Macy and Carter steal kisses behind the menu. He missed Nora and every second without her was like a painful tug in his heart he couldn't ignore.

"I'm sorry," Hayden said, rising from his seat once more. "I would love to stay but I c-"

Hayden.

Nora's sudden voice, drenched in panic appeared in the half jinn's mind.

Hayden flinched his shock, knocking over the glass of water beside Carter and Macy's wine.

Nora? He called out to her immediately.

I need help, Nora's called out.

Without pausing to provide any kind of explanation, Hayden snapped his fingers and disappeared out of the restaurant. 

See you in Hayden's book :)