Ch.28 Strangers

Chapter 28

"This is bullshit," Kiara said as she paced the floor of her hospital room. "Bring her back to me!"

"Let Kiara be here," Killian said. "With her voice."

"Lila is my daughter!" Kiara snapped. "You can't keep her away from me."

"Lila is Kiara's daughter," Killian reminded her. "And we are not going to let you near our daughter."

"You stupid idiot boy!" Kiara groaned. "Don't you see you're also keeping Lila from Kiara by not bringing her here? She's a newborn, she needs her mother!"

"Let Kiara go!"

"I hate you," Kiara narrowed her eyes and spit. "I hate all of you. I can't stand to breathe the same air as you rotting miserable souls. Do not underestimate me, Killian. I will see Lila and I will take her away from you forever if you leave no choice."

Killian let out a deep sigh as he hung his head. The machines in the room beeped as the pair stood across from each other, one boiling with anger and the other exhausted.

"You need to sit here and think," Killian said after a while. "I'm going to go check on Lila."

"I want to slit your throat."

"Okay," Killian nodded. "Stay here. Don't be crazy."

Kiara glared as Killian walked to the door and slipped out. She could have easily followed him, but she knew Tobias and that damn blonde witch had put up some spells to keep her locked up in the room. And it didn't help that the other Kiara was shoving with all her might from the back of her head.

Why did everything have to be so damn hard all the time?

When the anger began to boil over the pot, Kiara let out a scream and pushed her energy out through her palms. The glass sliding doors of the hospital room shattered, revealing the green forefield all around it.

The nurses and doctors all jumped and stilled as the shades fell and glass rained down. They stared at Kiara as she walked up to the boundary and stomped her feet.

"Killian!" She yelled. "Let me out!"

No response. The hospital staff continued to stare as Kiara glared at them with murder in her eyes.

"The longer you all stand here, the more time I have to memorize your faces," she said. "And once I have your picture in my head, I will make you all scream for mercy."

All eyes looked away. Life resumed and people began to scatter all over. Kiara remained behind her forcefield and continued to glare at whoever passed by. After some time, the cleaning crew came and cleaned up all the broken glass. Kiara wanted to send the shards of glass flying into their face, but she wasn't in the mood. Someone had caught her attention across the nurses station...

"That took a while," Nora frowned as she walked out of the examination room.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Dr. Banks said, following her out. "The images were a bit blurry so I had to keep trying."

Nora nodded slowly, adjusting the blue hat on her head, "Was that all? Or are we going to get a blood sample again today?"

"Sorry, love," Banks frowned. "It's standard procedure."

"But the autura is long gone," Nora said. "It's been months."

"Nora," Dr. Banks' frown deepened but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "We're not like them. Our bodies take a lot longer to heal. You've been hospitalized with serious injuries all within the span of a year. We need to keep checking to make sure everything is okay."