Chapter 10

All hell broke loose when Jace saw the picture.

I never actually showed him the picture, I kind of just let him figure it out on his own, and when he found it, he was not happy.

It was a few days after I took the picture and I guess he somehow saw my lock screen when we were both sitting in the living room.

To say he was pissed would be an understatement.

He pounced on me and begged me to delete the photo. "Dakota, if you don't delete that photo, I will never buy you chocolate again."

I dramatically put a hand over my chest. "Little brother, you pain me."

His eyes narrowed into slits as he grabbed the nearest pillow and chucked it at me.

"Dak!" He yelled, running around to gather more pillows. I ducked my head just in time as another pillow he threw went above my head and hit the wall behind me.

"You're insane little brother!" I yelled, trying to sound like I was being serious.

It didn't take long before I was uncontrollably laughing as he chased me around the house with a few pillows in his hands, yelling profanities when he couldn't catch up to me. My lungs clenched, trying to get air in because I was laughing too hard.

We ran around for ten minutes and he still wasn't able to catch up to me.

"So much for being athletic," I mumbled.

"Shut the fuck up," he hissed. "I just need a time out."

He moved his hands to form the letter 'T' while bending over as he tried to catch his breath. He held out one finger, telling me to wait.

I rolled my eyes and placed both my hands on my hips, patiently waiting for Jace to catch his breath.

He huffed before looking back at me, "Okay, I'm ready."

I gave him a bored expression before sprinting up the stairs before he could catch me. I banged on Olivia's door, hoping she would let me in.

"What do you want?" The five year old questioned as she barely opened the door, only cracking the door open enough for me to hear her.

"Jace is attacking me, help me please. Save me from the monster," I exaggerated, motioning towards the boy who was trying to gather as many pillows as he could into his arms, but failing miserably as he kept dropping them.

I choke back a laugh before looking back at my baby sister.

She looked past me and saw Jace gathering the pillows. She raised her eyebrows and looked between him and I, her eyes going back and forth.

She brought a finger up to chin, continuously patting it as she looked to be in deep thought.

After what felt like forever the five year old finally made a decision. "No."

"No?"

"No, do it yourself. Maybe check back in a few minutes to see if I've changed my mind," she grunted, an evil smile pulling on the corner of her lips before slamming the door in my face.

My mouth was wide open, my jaw almost hitting the floor. I was shocked when those words left my sisters mouth. Since when did she get all sassy? I definitely did not see that coming.

What I also didn't see coming was the maniac who was running full speed in my direction.

"Fucking hell!" I yelled as I felt a pillow hit me repeatedly. I heard an evil chuckle coming from Jace as he kept hitting me with the pillow.