Chapter 33

My mother continued to thrash in his hold as Henson tried holding her down as well. She was screaming and cussing at the two officers to let her go. Her wrists were bleeding, blood dripping down her forearms from the handcuffs that dug into her flesh.

Everything around me was blurry. I could hear Jace's voice, but it sounded so far away. I couldn't focus on anything around me, until I felt someone shake my shoulders. I shook my head, my eyes focusing on my brother in front of me.

I slowly sat up, scooting backwards until my back hit the nearest wall. My cheek started to throb from the force of my mother's hit. Jace scanned every inch of my face as his eyes were swimming with concern.

I stayed silent, not able to form any words. I was in shock. I flinched when I heard someone roughly open the door, hitting the wall behind it with a startling thud. At some time, Jace sat beside me, holding my hand in comfort as he tried to say reassuring things.

We both sat on the opposite side of the room where my mother was held as she continued to scream. I let my eyes wander to the ceiling, searching for security cameras, and stopping when I found one hidden in the right. They got this all on video.

I averted my gaze, looking back down to the three security guards that were trying to pry my mother off. They had restraints, holding her back as she continued to thrash around in the security guards hold. Her hair was a tangled mess as they finally got her off Dawson.

I was so fucking embarrassed to say that she was my mother. She was making a complete fool of herself as she continued to act like a fucking maniac. She really needed help.

The three men eventually dragged her out of the room, her feet dragging against the tile as we watched them stumble out the door. I heard her yelling at me down the hallway until she was too far away to be heard.

I released a shaky breath as I felt a trickle of blood travel down my nose and onto my upper lip. Dawson immediately got up, darting over to my side as he kneeled down. His eyebrows furrowed as he scanned my jaw and bloody nose. I was so used to this shit, that I didn't even feel the pain in my jaw anymore. I was numb.

"Fucking hell," he cursed, reaching out his hand for me to take. I hesitantly reached my hand out, my injured palm shaking as he pulled me off the ground. "Are you okay, Dakota?"

I shrugged my shoulders, too shocked and embarrassed to form any words. I felt Jace's presence behind me as he soon got up after me.

"Goddamnit," Henson cursed from behind him as he ran a shaky hand through his hair. "I'm so sorry this happened. Jesus, I don't know what to say."

I stared at Henson, forcing a small smile onto my face, trying to tell him it's okay. The door was still open as police officers peeked inside, briefly looking at all of us standing inside. "Ma'am?"

I turned my head to look at one of the officers that leaned against the door. I cleared my throat. "Yes?"

"We've received news that you two will no longer be able to see your mother for a while. She is not allowed any visitors and will be on a 24 hour watch. Because she attacked you, she will now be charged with battery which will be used against her in court since we have video footage," the officer explained as his eyes traveled between Jace and I. "Is there anyone you would like to call before we have a conversation about what's going to happen?"

Wow, this officer was so fucking considerate.

"How about we give her some time, Jacks?" Dawson advised, irritation lacing between his words.

"Yes, of course," he nodded his head, looking ashamed as he turned to look at me. "I'm sorry, take as much time as you need."

I nodded my head, trying to put on a smile, but it faltered. I was so fucking tired of dealing with my mother. I just wanted to go home.