Chapter 4

Nora slapped my shoulder repeatedly, breaking me away from my thoughts as she smiled like an idiot.

I glared at her. "Would you stop that? It's annoying as hell."

"I don't care! Look over there, the three new hot guys are walking through the cafeteria!" She squealed in excitement. Once again, I rolled my eyes, not being able to comprehend how someone can obsess over three new guys. It's really weird and kind of creepy in my opinion.

But I still glanced over my shoulder, because I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little curious about what they looked like.

I noticed a guy with dirty blonde hair and green eyes, winking at every girl he made eye contact with. He's wearing a simple t-shirt with jeans and has a nose piercing on his left nostril. He also has a sharp jawline, with very little stubble covering his features. He's also very attractive, just like Karson.

The other guy has dark hair with the sides of his head slightly shaved. He's also wearing a t-shirt and jeans, making the tattoos on his arms very noticeable. Once again, he is also very hot.

Karson stood in the middle of both of them, walking towards the back of the cafeteria, searching for an empty table. I noticed some girls pushing out their chest, trying to get their attention. I scoffed in disgust as I watched Blondie wink at them. All three of them sat down at a table near the back where no one else was seated.

I turned back around to see Nora and some other girls still staring at them from afar, hoping to get noticed by at least one of them.

"Why is everyone fan-girling over them? I mean yeah, they're hot, but I would be creeped out if I saw so many people staring at me like that," I shivered at the thought. "And by the way, I ran into one of them, and he was an ass."

"You what?!" Nora screeched, making people turn their heads to stare at us, once again.

I rolled my eyes for the 15th time today. "I accidentally ran into the one with black hair, Karson, and he was a total jerk to me. He also grabbed my arm with the gash on it. I know it was an accident, but it still fucking hurt."

Her eyes softened a bit as she frowned. Nora is the only person who knew what was going on at home. She knew about my mother, what she does, and how she left her youngest children in the hands of her oldest. She's the only person I trusted, and I know she would never tell anyone.

"I'm sorry babe," she whispered, rubbing my back in comfort.

"It's okay, really. You know I'm used to it," I replied with a sad smile.

She opened her mouth to reply, but someone came running through the cafeteria doors, interrupting her. The student said there was a fight between a senior and sophomore in the halls.

My whole body tensed up and I felt my heart immediately drop to the pit of my stomach. Just thinking about how the sophomore could be Jace made my anxiety spike up. I got up from my seat, dragging Nora with me.

I got to the scene of the fight, already noticing the students gathering around them in a circle. I pushed my way through, leaving Nora behind, to see who was fighting.

Looking at the sight in front of me made my blood run cold. I froze in shock, watching my little brother get hit repeatedly by our star quarterback, Brody.

My feet felt like they were glued to the floor and I literally couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. Seconds later, I was finally able to gain my composure and realized I needed to do something fast.

"Stop! Please! You're hurting him," I yelled, tears threatening to fall down my face as I watched the senior catch his breath. I took this chance to look underneath him and saw my brother with a black eye and blood gushing down his face.