Epilogue

5 years later:

"Olivia! Amelia! Come downstairs!" I yelled as I carefully placed the cake on our new dining room table. I sighed, rubbing my hands together as I lightly dusted my fingers against my pants.

"We're coming!" The two ten year olds yelled in sync as I heard their loud footsteps pound against the stairs.

"How's my favorite pretty girl?" I heard someone whisper in my ear as their hands crawled around my waist. My body stiffened as his chest pressed against my back before I elbowed his ribs.

"Braxton, I swear to God, do that again and I'll tell Connor we had sex in high-school," I grunted as I heard him groan in protest.

"You wouldn't," he gasped as I turned around to fully face my best friend. His blonde hair was still the same after these years, and he definitely started working out more as his new tattoos stood out against his muscles.

"Watch me," I narrowed my eyes at him as I cupped my hands around my lips. "Connor!"

"You bitch," Braxton hissed as he swatted my hands away from my lips. I easily broke out into a fit of laughter as I watched Connor swiftly round the corner until he was face to face with Braxton and I.

"Is everything okay?" Connor frantically asked as his eyes flickered between us.

"Yes, your boyfriend is just annoying," I innocently smiled as I turned on my heel to head towards my living room. As I walked out, I saw the look of confusion on Connor's face as I heard Braxton mumble a few profanities under his breath.

Connor was Braxton's boyfriend who he met in his sophomore year of college. They managed to stay together throughout the rest of college and all the way up to graduation. Connor and Braxton had the same majors, so they were in almost every class together. They clicked immediately, and soon began dating only months after they first met.

I absolutely loved Connor, and obviously so did Braxton. All three of us went to the same community college only a town over, so we all became really close. Karson and Colton ended up going to a different college together, but they were still only an hour away from us. It was perfect for all of us to keep in touch. Throughout the five years of knowing them, we never once fell out. We've all been so close with each other since our senior year in high-school.

"Dakota?" I heard someone ask as I turned my head to see who the voice belonged to. I immediately broke out into a smile when my gaze was met with Colton's. He was already sitting on the couch as I swiftly sat next to him.

"Yes?" I asked as I raised one of my eyebrows at him. He shook his head, a small smile tugging at his lips as we were the only ones sitting on the couch. He almost looked the exact same, except he wasn't as shy anymore and he began to workout with Braxton on the weekends.

"When can I eat the cake? I'm fucking starving," he whined as he aggressively rubbed his stomach. I blankly stared at him as my lips pressed together in a thin line. "I can hear it calling my name."

"And here I was, thinking that Braxton was the idiot this whole time," I mumbled under my breath as I playfully pushed his chest. He groaned in protest as I got up and flipped him off. "It's been you, Colt!"

"Bitch!" He whined as he rolled his eyes. His body slumped back into the couch as it easily engulfed his body.

"We're just waiting for those two dumb shits to come back, and then we can eat the cake," I told him as I turned my back on him and went to where the two ten year olds were sitting. This house was already in chaos.

I raised my eyebrows at them as they sat on the last step on the stairs. They were whispering in each other's ears, giggling as they showcased their missing teeth. Olivia's blonde curls were getting in Amelia's eyes, but she obviously didn't care. They were having fun.