Chapter 25

"What makes you think I want to talk about last night?" I breathed, trying not to think about how close we were to each other. Ever since last night, just the thought of his presence made me nervous.

"Oh come on, princess," he smirked as the warmth of his grip seeped through my clothes. "You broke down in my arms."

I gulped, cringing as I heard those words fall from his mouth. "Okay?"

"I just want to know what made you so upset," he admitted as our bodies almost pressed against each other. My stomach fluttered, but my jaw was clenched together like glue.

My breath was lodged in my throat as I looked at his viciously dark eyes. His grip tightened on my waist as I gasped.

"I told you last night that I didn't want to talk about it," I hissed as his eyes never left mine.

"Was it a nightmare?" He sarcastically mocked, a sly smirk tugging at his plump lips. He was making fun of me. He knew it was a nightmare. He knew this whole time that it was a nightmare. Asshole.

"Fuck you, Karson," I scoffed, placing my hands on his chest as I tried to push him away from me.

"So it was a nightmare," he smirked. "I knew I heard you screaming. Or maybe that was from something else."

"God, you're such a dick!" I yelled at him as my eyes narrowed into slits. I was able to gain enough force to push his broad chest as he stumbled back, allowing me to get out from underneath him. "When you told me you would be there for me if I wanted to talk about it, that was a lie, wasn't it? You don't give a fuck because it's just a game to you. That's all it ever was, just a game."

He was at a loss for words. He didn't know what to say because it was true. I shook my head, god I'm so gullible. I should've known. He repeatedly opened his mouth, but closed it when he couldn't find the right words.

"Just leave me the fuck alone," I growled as I tried to hide the pain in my voice. He just stared at me as a wash of guilt passed over his face.

"Look," he started as he rubbed his forehead in frustration. "It wasn't a fucking game to me, okay? I was just angry and it slipped out, I didn't mean to say it."

"You knew it was a nightmare," I pressed, ignoring his comment as I stared at him. I was frustrated with myself that I wasn't able to walk away from him, but I wanted answers.

"I heard you last night," he admitted as he looked down at the floor.

"What did you hear?" I demanded as sheer panic seeped through my voice.

"You said something along the lines of 'stop, get off me, please stop'. I was outside your door so it was hard to hear," he told me as he studied my face.

I felt my body freeze. My blood ran cold as I stared at him with wide eyes. "You're kidding."

"Does it look like I'm fucking joking?" He scoffed, meeting my frightened gaze.

"You were probably hearing things," I mumbled as I shook my head in denial.

"Stop denying it, Dakota. I heard what I heard," he sighed as he ran a hand through his messy hair, taming it as it rested perfectly against his forehead.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath. There was a long silence shared between the two of us. We both didn't know what to say because we knew he was right. I was pushing the confrontation away because I didn't want him to be right.

"Have you always had these nightmares?" He cautiously asked, breaking the silence as he made his way over to the edge of his bed. He sat down, his legs dangling on the side as he stared straight ahead of him.