Chapter 17

Why did I even trust this asshole?

I've been in the school parking lot for 20 minutes, patiently waiting for Karson to get here. I was standing next to my car, chewing on my nails as I anxiously waited for this ass to show up.

But yet, he didn't and he told me not to be late. Ridiculous.

Jace was going home with a friend since it's Friday and he's sleeping at his house tonight. Olivia on the other hand is getting picked up by her friend's mother and they are also having a sleepover. Both of my siblings with be out, so I will have the house to myself tonight.

"That's it," I mumbled under my breath. I wasn't waiting any longer. He had the audacity to not show up when he's the one who begged for my help. I turned on my heel and unlocked my car, roughly shoving my backpack in the back seat, pissed that he stood me up. This is what I get for trying to be a nice person.

Did I expect anything less from Karson? No.

"Dakota! Wait!" I heard someone yell my name. The voice scared me, causing my body to jump, hitting my head on the top of my car door.

"Motherfucker!" I cursed loudly, rubbing the sore spot on the back of my head. I whipped my head up to see Karson jogging in my direction.

I strode towards him, pissed that he's almost 30 minutes late and now, he just made me hit my head.

"I don't know why I even bother helping you!" I shoved my finger into his chest. "You say meet me in the parking lot and I end up waiting for almost 30 fucking minutes! I have shit to do and you just wasted so much of my time!"

I know I was over exaggerating, but my head hurts. My breathing was heavy and I was quivering with anger. I took a short step back, slightly tripping over my own feet.

"You're fucking crazy," he argued as he gave me an intense glare.

"What do you want from me? Why did you tell me to meet you in the parking lot?" I snapped, already over the idea of helping him. Fuck that.

"We are going shopping," he grunted, glancing at my car behind me.

"We? There is no we in this situation," I snorted, using my finger to point between us.

"You said you would help!" He hissed, his eyes never breaking away from my face. His messy black hair rested perfectly against his tan skin as the slight breeze swept through his hair. His sharp jawline was constantly clenched and his dimples were only noticeable when he gave his signature smirk.

"I didn't think we would go shopping!" I bellowed as a few students walking by us with curious eyes. Why were they still at school?

"Are you fucking stupid? What did you think I meant by 'I need help picking out a dress'?" He barked, using air quotations to describe what he mentioned earlier.

"I thought you would just show me a few pictures or ideas you had!" I snapped, just now wondering how I didn't put the pieces together before. At this point, I was just making up excuses so I didn't make a fool of myself.

"Just get in my goddamn car," he scoffed, obviously not wanting to continue arguing over something pointless.

"What about my car? We can't just leave it here," I mentioned, pointing to my car.

"I will drop you off here after we are done so you can drive your precious little car home" he said sarcastically, a smug smirk forming on his lips.

This was such a bad idea, but for some reason I agreed with him and ended up in his car. I kept trying to tell myself, do it for the little girl, she will be so happy. That was the only thing keeping me from jumping out of this car.