Chapter 20

"You dipshit!" Nora yelled from beside me. She threw popcorn, trying to aim for the field, but it unfortunately landed on the crowd beneath us. The people below us glared at Nora as she continued to throw popcorn.

"Sorry," I mumbled to them, apologizing for Nora's behavior. Let's just say she was a very competitive person.

After yesterday at the library, we've been non stop talking in class, catching up with everything that's been going on in her life. I haven't told her much about mine, because I didn't want her to worry and I felt as though I should keep it to myself.

We've been sitting at the top of the bleachers at our school, cheering for Jace as we watched him play his first football game of the season. I sat in between Nora and Colton as Braxton sat on the other side of Nora. Karson sat in front of us, but he was at the concession stands, complaining that this game was "boring as fuck".

Braxton and Colton never brought up the events that happened a few nights ago. I just hoped that they forgot about it and wouldn't bring it up again. It was much easier to push everything away than to actually talk to them about it.

I brought Olivia with me since we couldn't find a babysitter in time. She met all the boys, even Karson, and she absolutely adored them. Right now, she was sitting on Colton's lap as he gently bounced her up and down with his legs. She giggled, twirling her hair around as her eyes glistened with joy.

"Nora, shut the fuck up," I hissed, poking her sides.

"The refs suck!" She yelled, standing on her feet as she flipped the refs off. One of the refs looked back and just shook his head at Nora. She wasn't happy that they made a shit call.

Braxton cleared his throat before tugging on her wrist. "Sit down you cocksucker."

She huffed, obeying as she slumped down on the uncomfortable metal seats. I lightly shook my head, a smile tugging on my lips in amusement.

I didn't know much about football so I didn't know what position my little brother played, all I knew was that he was number 18. I searched for him on the field, stopping when I spotted that familiar number. We all cheered for Jace as he ran onto the field. I looked at the scoreboard and it showed that we were up 28-14. The band next to the field would often play their instruments when we got a touchdown or field goal.

I heard loud footsteps climb the metal stairs and watched as Karson strode towards us. He held a red Gatorade in his right hand and a small bag of popcorn in the other. He sat down right in front of me, a row below us. He sat the drink down and raised the popcorn so Olivia could grab some.

She squealed in excitement as she grabbed the bag of popcorn from his hands and dug in, stuffing her face with buttered popcorn. I looked at Karson with a shocked look on my face, surprised that he was actually being generous. He just looked back at me with a sly smirk, no words shared between the two of us.

He looked away and grabbed his phone from his back pocket before turning around once more, facing me. He held out his phone and showed me a picture of a young girl who I recognized a few days ago. She resembled Karson in every way except for their eyes. The young girl wore the dress that we picked out when we went to the mall together.

I grabbed his phone and brightly smiled at the screen. She looked so happy. Her black hair was flowing messily in the air as the picture captured her twirling around in her dress. I looked back at Karson who was already staring at me with a genuine smile. I felt the breath get knocked out of me as I stared at his smile. I have never seen him wear a genuine smile in person, only in pictures with his sister.

His dimples were on display as his smile slowly faded. "She looks so pretty."

"She does. It was a good decision, so I'll have to give you that one," he said, returning back to his signature smirk. I gave his phone back, a permanent smile on my face as I thought of the young girls' bright smile. I'm glad she liked it.