Chapter 9

******SORRY. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE. IVE BEEN SUPER SICK RECENTLY. NO, ITS NOT COVID. BUT STILL SICK ENOUGH TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET SHIT DONE.******

*****I WILL TRY TO UPDATE THE NEXT CHAPTER SOON. BARE WITH ME.*****

*****SPECIAL APPRECIATION TO space_enby THANK YOU FOR VOTING. I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU READING MY BOOK. THSI CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU.*****
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jealousy. An interesting concept. It's flexible. It's doesn't just have one definite definition, but rather varies by situation and other emotions. At times it's feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages. Other times it's feeling or showing suspicion of someone's unfaithfulness in a relationship. Sometimes it's fiercely protective or vigilant of one's rights or possessions. See...it's such a complex emotion.

Now the hard part is trying to figure out the reason behind someone's jealousy. Or in my case, the reason why Tsukki is jealous. What is he even jealous of? For what reason? Why? I feel like a detective just trying to wrap my head around the fact that my best friend is even jealous. And why does it have something to do with me?

Ughhh. It's exhausting even concerning myself with his bullshit. Maybe I should just ask him.

I sigh out loud in complete frustration, rubbing the my throbbing temples and sitting up from my current laying position on my floor. You'd think I'd use my bed to lay on, but here I am on the floor again. I grab my phone from its place on my desk and check the time.

6:30am.

I've been up since 5:00am trying to determine what to do about the whole "is Tsukki jealous or just being a dick" thing. It's a school day, Tuesday in fact, and I actually have to get ready in like an hour. I sigh once again, getting up off the floor this time and start to clean up my room.

By the time I finished picking up my room, it was already half passed seven. I sluggishly pull out my uniform, as well as a pale green hoodie. I'm far too tired to even get ready properly, so as a result I'm going basic. Hoodie underneath my uniform blazer and no makeup. I tie my hair up into a simple half ponytail, adding a few green clips here and there to add some "sparkle".

I grab my book-bag and volleyball bag, sauntering down the steps and pulling on my beat up sneakers. I grab a chocolate chip muffin  before leaving out the door and locking up behind. I walk somberly down the street, too distracted by my thoughts to even notice that I wandered right past Tsukki.

"Hey! Did a make you upset or something? You seem to be in a bad mood." Tsukki called out, making me pause and turn to face him.

"Oh...my bad. I guess I walked passed you without realizing it. Sorry Tsukki!" I apologize nervously.

"Whatever. Just...wait up." He mumbled, averting his eyes as he caught up to me.

"Good morning by the way..." I greet awkwardly, whilst taking his hand in mine out of habit.

"Morning. By the way...today...you're Yamaguchi?" Tsukki questioned waveringly.

"Yeah. Although...I've been totally fine with being called 'Yama' or 'Tadashi' no matter what. As for today....they/them is fine. I'm kinda having an off day. Heheh." I mumble more to myself than as a response.

"Ah ok. Well...what's on your mind? Your seem to have something on your mind. Or is it....someone?" Tsukki pressed, eyes side glancing at me suggestively at the last part.

"Ah! No—w-well maybe—er—kinda—but yet again n-no one in p-particular—never mind..." I stumble over my words embarrassingly.

Tch-