Residency Level

Sky smiles at Sam.

"You can sit here. About your escorts?"
Sky looks at the quiet dolls. Of course he is not able to tell them are dolls.

"Don't mind them." Sam said.

Dolls are unable to feel tired so they can stand up all their life as long as their mana core is not destroyed.

Of course, there is no reason to say that to Sky.

"I see. Please have some tea. I especially ask them to brew us the best tea we have."

"No need to be too particular but thank you." Sam used his skill [Inspect] on the tea.

You can never be too sure.

[Mid Mandrake's root tea. It can give a fresh and calm feeling to the wary hearts. It will drop the opponents wariness and also increase friendliness and good will. It has no other effect]

Sam wryly sighs.
'This guy is a manipulative guy.'

To the extent of using a calming tea in a sinister way.

'Drop wariness...'

He can only shake his head.

He drinks the tea slowly.

[Good will to Sky Flurry +1. Host ability rejects status effect. Good will to Sky Flurry nullified]

"I want to be honest and sincere with Sir Sam."

'Right....he is a merchant alright.'

Sam nods and ignore the system giving him update with the tea he is drinking.

"Honest is nice."

Sky smiles.
"Like I said we are an Interprise and to be honest our base here in Maltea City is new but we already hated the bad competition. Also, the quality of armors, the expensive but unqualified weapons might actually cause more damage than help to the people and adventurers so I propose to you a plan to change the tide."

Sam keeps nodding.
He already decided what to say when he agreed to talk to Sky.

"I'm listening." Sam said.

"I want to employ Sir Sam to become our Interprise blacksmith. Of course, I am saying these due to my confidence on your escorts armors but we still need to appraise Sir Sam's ability."

Sam frowns.
"This will help the city? Its not just you guys want to hoard the good quality items?"

Sky chuckles.
"Well I am a merchant so I won't say I dont want to hoard good quality items. But this will help the City. The City is near the Forest of Vivian. There is also a dungeon here. Lots of advanturer come and go in this location. And us merchant like these kinds of place the most since where people goes, money follows."
Sky smiles.

Sam nods.

"If our Interprise release a quality items. Adventurer will buy from us and ignore the subpar items. If they realized that the competition is tilting to our side. They will force to level up their game or they will go out of business. Our family will gladly swallow some blacksmiths but we are not tyrant. Once the tide is settled, everything will be back to normal and there is no need to worry about small businesses. Well, all these are if Sir Sam can live to the expectation."

Sam sneers.

He taps on the table.
"I can live to the expectation only..."

"Only?" Sky excitedly asks.

"If Furry Interprise can compensate me that much for all the bother."

Sky smiles.
"Compensation is what I can offer the most."

"Hmm..." Sam doesnt know if this guy can ever have anything he will fancy but for now. All he need is ingredients for level 50 armors for his soldiers and some level 20 armors for his cannon fodders.

When he stated his demands, Sky almost paled.
"This is too expensive."

"Every item I make should be evaluated and my salary will pay for the payment I want. Once I made enough for all the item listed, I will stop making items for your Interprise. I dont like being tied." He said.

Sky opens his mouth but Sam beats him to it.

"Since that is the only thing you ask for. For me to help revitalize this sorry place."
Sam looks at Sky's eyes that wanted to keep him for a long time.

Sky gulps and swallows whatever ge wanted to say.

"I see. I understand. So Sir Sam agreed to this deal?"

"Looks like Sir Sky needs people to spell things out for them?"

Sky laughs.
"No. Sorry. I will prepare the contract immediately."

"No need."
Sam takes out a brown parchment out of no where and throw it to the air.

"I, Sam, swear to abide to the deal I made with Sam Furry to become their Blacksmith until I paid for all the expenses cost of the items I requested for him"

The parchments floats in the air and all the thing Sam says are dictated clearly in the parchment.

Sky is looking and trembling as he looks at it.

"Ma...mana....Mana sealing con..contract....."
His heart is pounding as he can't let go of looking at the brown parchment.

Sam looks at him.
"State your demand and your thought. Is this your first time doing this kind of contract?"

Sky smiles wryly.
"Of course....a Mana sealing contract....is made out of a Terrible Nightmare Tree...It is almost extinct item!"

Sam raised a brow.
"Is that so...? Its actually the last parchment I have." Sam has no trouble lying.
But who would believe his lie?

"Ah...ah..The demands.."
Sky is certain now. He stumbles a very weird and precious encounter.

Sam looks at Sky.
'It's a good feeling when impressing a guy.'
Sam has no physical attraction toward Sky but a handsome guy being impress with him is not a bad thing.

After Sky enumerates his demands. He repeated it to Sam and they signed the parchment using their own mana.

Sky face is still flushed from excitement.
The contract tears apart and each party received one.
If one party didnt become true to their word, the parchment has the ability to steal and seal part of their mana forever. Ofcourse you can lift the curse using high grade item but that is very idiotic to use a legendary item for a contract this low level. Of course if it's Sam, its not a problem.

"Sir Sam, can you come to the blacksmithing to test your skill?"

Sam nods.
"Fine."

Sam looks at the text floating infront of him.

[Accepting the Quest]
[Upon Quest completition, Sam, the host, will receive a merit points as a person living in this world and level up his Residency level.
As Residensy level increase, lots of new things and events will unlock.
Please live in this world more actively.]

Sam realized that he was going to experience a lot of weird stuff because this is 'new game'.