Part 10

After explaining what had happened I run to  meet up with my team. I see they started running. I smirk as I run among them. 

"Yo." I wave slightly, scaring everyone on my team.

"Ahhh!/SHIP!" They screamed.. Well of course Kumo said something similar to ship, but idk if author-chan wants to get yelled at because of 'language'.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to take them to the Old Man's office and then explain what happened. The whole thing was a real drag." I sigh running at the same pace as my team with my hands in my pockets. 

"Yea, you're late by two minutes and the jonin you told us about should be here in..... now." Koi says as she sweat drops. 

"Jump!" Kumo yells. We all follow his command to see a blast of fire burn the tree we were on. I glance at Kumo, but he just nods to me. With a nod back, I grab Princess Layla bridal style and run as fast as I can to the Land of the Night.

"Wh-What's going on?" She stutters, scared from moving how fast I'm running. 

"My teammates are holding off the man who's after you while I take you to your village. Hold on we're almost there."

"B-But how?! We were at least 30 miles away!" She screams, gripping my clothing like it's her life-line.

"We're here." I announce, ignoring her question. I bang on the grand door as I put her down with my other hand. I can hear my heart in my ears. Something isn't right. My stomach is doing flips. Something isn't right.

"Hello, how may I help yo- Ah!" He cut himself off after seeing Princess Layla. "Welcome ba-" But that's all I heard before I take off again, back to my team.

I'm running even quicker now that I don't have a person - taller and older than me - in my arms. I finally make it back to my team, only about 17 minutes passing in total. My eyes widen in horror. No..

The heavy stench of blood in the area is enough to make my eyes water.  Koi is passed out and bleeding heavily while a clone of Kumo's is trying to heal her. He's also bleeding badly as he fights the enemy ninja. And on top of all of that... Kimi was helping the enemy ninja. 

"You-You TRAITOR!" I scream, however it comes out as more of a roar. I can feel my hair whipping around me and I get a tingling senstation in my eye, but I don't care. The only thing I care about is the man attempting to hurt Kumo. My teammate. My friend. 

With a crazed growl, I launch myself at him.

3rd P.O.V 

A loud, monstrous growl rips through the forrest. Birds fly away, in search for safety. Some leave their eggs behind in desperation as the Growl grows into a roar. 

The young girl allows dirty orange chakra to invade her veins. She allows her fist to break the jaw of the man who wants to hurt her friends. Her family. 

She deflects the raging fire with her bare hand. A wicked smile etching on her face as her flesh peels off, only for a new one to grow back instantly.

"Don't lay another hand on them." Her demonic, layered voice echoes out as her hair whips around, cutting her own flesh. 

The fool, blinded by fear and rage, attacks the small girl with a cry of courage. The said girl just grins, showing all of her pearly teeth. "Don't touch me either!" She yells with a manic laugh, grabbing the sword and curving it.