Part 33

Side pic of Haru ~>

Link of Neji Smiling~>

3rd P.O.V

"Begin!" Genma shouted. Without warning the male ninja, Haru, attacked with a sword in hand.

Being quick to react, she had summoned her chakra sword and blocked the attack. "For you, I might have to go all out." Minako smirked, talking lowly to her opponent.

"Damn right." He answered with a smirk of his own. They pushed their swords against each other and wiped their faces of emotion. Nodding to each other, they both attacked at break-neck speed. All the people saw were flashes of red and the sparks of their swords. After a minute they broke apart.

"We're getting no where." Minako announced as she dispersed her sword. Haru did the same, but as he did, he set off a trap. The ground below Minako began to crumble and shake before it collasped entirely. She fell with a look of distress.

The corwd went silent at the sudden loss. Naruto was about to cry out, when Haru flund backwards at an almarming rate. He then was pushed up, down, foward, back, diaganal, everywhere. Then when he finally landed with a huge thud, everyone saw the red haired kunoichi who had a gash in her arm, but no more.

"Water Style: Water torrent!" Haru yelled as a vortex of water spiralled at Minako.

Lightning Wind style: Electric Cyclone! Minako thought making a tornado around her, making her go high into the sky. The tornado absorbed the justu and flung it back at Haru, 5 times faster than it's original speed.

Haru just barley managed to dodge it.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" He screamed as he sparked with electricity.

"Give up!" Minako shouted dropping near him.

"I GIVE UP!" He yelled as the justu stopped.

"Good." She said as the genjustu dispersed. "I win." She muttered, collapsing from casting a genjustu the size of the arena. Haru smirked and picked up the exhausted 12 year old girl who was smiling in her sleep. You really are something else. He thought as he left in a swirl of leaves.

"Hey! Where is he going with Hime-Chan!" Naruto yelled waving his hands.

"On to the next match," Genma called. "Shino Aburame Vs Kankuro."

"HEY-" Naruto shouted, but was cut off by Shikamaru's hand over his mouth.

"What a drag, he took her to the infirmary."

"Oh, hehe." Naruto said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I forfeit!" Kankuro called making the crowd boo.

"What a drag," Shikamaru called. "That means my match is closer, in fact it's next."

"Temari Vs Shikamaru Nara!" Temari flew out on her fan, but Shikamaru was pushed by non other Naruto.

"Go Shikamaru!" Naruto cheered with a happy smile.

~~~~~Minako's P.O.V~~~~~

I woke up with a grunt, but kept my eyes closed because of how bright it was.

"I'm surprised you're up already."

"Yea, I figured. Who's fighting now?" I asked wanting to know.

"Shikamaru and Temari. Kankuro forfeited against Shino before the match even began." He replied turning on the TV to the match. "Well I have to go. Your friend's here." Haru said before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.

"You're up?" Neji asked as he came in.

"Hai. Just woke up, actually." I replied putting my eyes back on the screen. "Anyway, what did your uncle say?"

"He told me the truth. He said my father offered himself in his place."

"Now that you can relax, how about stretch a bit more. Starting with Hinata. Tell her you're sorry and explain what happened. She's a smart girl, she'll understand." I said looking at him, "Plus, you still have us, your friends." I said finishing with a closed eye smile. I snapped my eyes open when his hand was placed on my head.

"Thanks Minako." He said with a microscopic smile.

"What are friends for?" I replied.

"Have to get back to my room before they find out I'm missing." He sighed.

"Ja ne." I said chuckling. He left closing the door silently behind him. "You don't have to hide Gaara." I said leaning back in the bed.

"How did you know I was here?" He asked sitting where Neji once was.

"Because, you're Gaara." I chuckled. "You're up next." I said looking at the match again.

"......"

"What's wrong Gaara?" I asked, he was being too quiet. Even for him.

"I have to go, Minako. My match is now." He said as the sand started consuming him, but I managed to see his regretful face. I quickly got up, still in my clothes, and jogged to the arena. I got lost after a while since I was in a different part of the hospital, so I just poofed to where Koi was sitting.

~~~~~

When I arrived, Koi wasn't in her seat and Everyone was out cold. Taking a quick look around I saw sound and Sand nin attacking.

"Yo, Kakashi!" I called making him look to me as he fought off enemy nin. "What happened?"

"The Sand and Sound are attacking, Gaara was used as a distraction and he's going to let out the Shukaku." He said as he defeated another enemy nin. "I just sent a team after them, Sasuke too."

"I'll back them up." I said creating a clone before running as fast as I could (with the weights on) to where Gaara's chakra was located. As neared him, I saw Shikamaru against a large group of Ninja.

I located their trump card before launching a kunai at his chest, making it silent and painless. I jumped down from the trees, behind the group. I nodded to Shikamaru, who nodded back and stopped his shadow possesion. I quickly threw kunais, one for each of them, and picked up Shikamaru before he could see what happened to them.

"Stay here, you're father is right behind us." I muttered as I put him down next to a tree. "Ja." I called before running off again. Gaara, don't do anything stupid.