Part 31

Today I had the day off, but Baka-chan didn't. 

With my mothers' ripped shirt in hand I walked to the cleaners. "Ne, is anyone here?" I called out as I walked in.

"Coming!" A voice called from behind the counter. I walked over and waited for them to come out. "How can I help you?" She was an older woman with gray hair and laugh lines. Her short hair was blown out and she wore a white blouse with a green skirt and scarf. 

"Can you patch this up as good as new?" I asked showing her the rags of my shirt. "Here's what it used to look like." I said pulling out a drawing.

"What happened?" She asked looking at where all the kunai's ripped it.

"Chunin exams." I answered shrugging lightly. "So can you fix it?" I asked hopefully.

"Are you hurt, if you were wearing this you shouldn't be moving." She asked.

"I'm thankful for your concern, but I didn't get injured once in the chunin exams. I just need to know if you can fix my shirt." I said, a bit frustrated by this point. What is up with old lady! I thought.

"Oh, you must be really strong then, but how did you get the shirt all ripped?" My eye twitched at her question.

"Can you fix the shirt?" I asked gritting my teeth a bit.

"How did the shirt get ruined?"

"Kunai incisions from a far away enemy. Now, can you fix it?" I asked now playing with my hair.

"Of course I can." She chirped. I anime fell with a giant sweat drop.

"Then why didn't you in the first place?" 

"Well, that's no fun." She laughed.

"Glad you think so." I muttered as she took out a needle and thread the same color as the shirt.

"Now, what's your name?" She asked as she started on the first rip.

"Minako Uzumaki." She almost dropped the shirt and needle when I said my name.

"U-Uzumaki?" I nodded at her question.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, dear, but I used to know an Uzumaki. She died 12 years ago." She said, I winced knowing she was talking about the 9 tails attack. "She used to come by with laundry she was too lazy to do. her name was Kushina." I would've froze, but no one is supposed to know who my parents are. Not even me.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I muttered taking the now fixed shirt. "Thanks." I said paying her before I left. I dropped the shirt off at my house before walking around the village. I stuffed my hands into my sweatshirt pocket.

I was wearing a black sweatshirt with a hoodie attached and a pair of jeans. On my feet were black combat boots.

I walked into the Dango shop and greeted my favorite waitress. "Hey Yume."

"Hey, Minako~! Today we have a two for one special."

"I'll take that then." 

"Okaii." She said before disappearing further into the shop. I chuckled and leaned back in my seat.

"Hey." I opened my eye to see it was Neji.

"Oh, hey Neji. Did you make it to the final rounds?" I asked as my dango got here. It was two giant plates.

"You like dango a lot, don't you?" Hey said raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yep, and you didn't answer my question."

"Yes, I did. I'm versing your brother." He answer warily, waiting for my reaction.

"Sorry Neji, but I'm betting on Baka-chan. He's too hard headed to give up." I said picking up my fourth piece of dango.

"Do you know who you're versing?" He asked understanding that I would pick Baka-chan. I shook my head.

"No. I'm training all around so that no matter who it is, I'll be ready. Do you know?"

"No one knows who you're fighting. On the board it had a question mark." He answered taking some dango for himself. 

"Well isn't that wonderful." I muttered sarcastically. "Who else made it?"

"Shikamaru, Sasuke, Shino, the sand nin and the hunched back sound ninja." I nodded at his information.

"Wanna spar?" I asked making him smirk.

"Sure." I left a tip on the table along with a note for them to send the rest to my house.