Part 11

I enter through the Old Man's window, already knowing what he wants. He opens his mouth to speak, but I place two scrolls on his desk, effectively cutting him off.

"One is my mission report and the other is a personal account." I turn away before he can see my red eyes. I run to my house and enter through my window as always. I then, take a shower and put on my pajamas: an orange shirt with blue shorts and orange slippers. After that, I put on my apron and go into the kitchen to cook dinner.

Naruto's P.O.V

I barge into the Old Man's office with a grin on my face, as usual. "Oi! I just get home and you wanna lecture me! What's up with that? Believe it!" I put on a scowl for show. 

"Naruto, sit down." I sit down quickly, hearing the edge in his voice, "It's about Minako."

"What happened?! Is-"

"She's fine," He cuts me off quickly. Rude. "But her mission was far worse than yours. Her sensei betrayed her and she almost lost her teammates." I choke on my spit. Wh-What?  "I told you this so you don't offend her in any way. Understand?"

"H-Hai." I stand and leave in a slight daze. I hope Hime-chan is okay. What exactly did she see? Is she hurt in any way? What if she's home crying right now? I have to get home quickly. 

I pick up my pace.

I'm coming Hime-chan!

"Hn, Dobe!" I hear someone call to me. "What's wrong, you don't think." Ah.. its Sasuke.

"N-Nothing." Damn it! I stuttered. He'll know something is up.. I shrug it off and keep my brisk pace, not looking at him once.

I turn the corner and see the apartment up ahead. Finally!

I walk into the house only to see Hime-chan cooking. She picked up a pot and sees me. She smiles my favorite smile. She's okay..  I can't help but smile back widely.

  I can't help but smile back widely

"Hey, Baka-chan." She greets. "I made ramen, rice and curry~!" She sings as she puts the pot down. "I hope your mission went well." 

"It was awesome!" I play with my forehead protector, a feeling of nostalgia washing over me.

Is this what is feels like to have a mom? This warm feeling? Coming home to a home-cooked meal after a long mission? To have a warm smile directed towards you as you walk in?  I often wondered this, but today it was much stronger.

"Take off you're shoes and sit. Tell me all about you're mission and in return I'll tell you about mine." I nod and do as she says as she serves the food.

"It was awesome, Believe it!" I sit down. "Okay, so when we first left two ninjas sprung out from a puddle....."

~~~~That Night~~~~

My thought wondered to what Hime-chan had told me.

"Once I saw their half dead bodies, I lost it. My hair whipped around and  apparently my eyes were glowing! I felt like I was watching a horror film that I couldn't turn away from.. I-I never want that to happen again...."

Can someone tell me why it's always us? Why it's always her?