9

Louis

"Welcome back riders!" Louis heard as the ride came to a stop. His heart was still pounding from the last few minutes of being tossed and turned upside down, but he was grinning. The feeling was amazing, like every nerve in his body was buzzing.

"There's something about being flipped upside down until you don't know right from left that's just so therapeutic," Harry said, as Louis got up from his seat and walked over to unbuckle him. Harry sat there, stone still as Louis unclasped the thick metal buckle, his fingers ghosting the waistband of Harry's tight jeans.

And yeah, he knew what he was doing, Louis thought slyly to himself as he watched the familiar flush find its way onto Harry's cheeks.

They exit just as the next group of riders enter the platform and stand there for a moment as people flood around them, pointing, chatting, and munching on bags of snacks.

"Do you want that picture before we meet the others?" Louis asked, breaking the silence.

Harry's face brightened and Louis led him to the small booth where they could purchase a photo with a frame that read 'TATSU: Fly at the Speed of Fear' in gold letters.

"Looks great boys," the person handling the photo said, handing them the frame.

"Thank you," Harry said.

"Of course, and have a great day," they said as he and Harry wandered away from the booth to admire their frame.

"This is quite possibly my favorite photo ever," Louis said, noticing there was something about them that made it seem they were meant to stand together

"This is quite possibly my favorite photo ever," Louis said, noticing there was something about them that made it seem they were meant to stand together. Now, Louis didn't believe in signs from the universe (like Liam did) but he had to admit, if he did believe in that sort of thing, this would be a glaring sign.

"We really do look like Trader Joes workers," Harry comments as they continue their walk up the hill to meet the others.

"And what's so bad about that?" Louis scoffed, "I would be honored to work there. Might apply now that I know the uniform suits me."

"Everything I've seen you in suits you," Harry rolled his eyes, and this brings two thoughts into Luis's mind:

     1. Harry must've seen Louis in a variety of outfits if he was speaking factually, which he believed he was.

     2. Where the hell had Harry seen him???

"Oh yeah?" Louis asked, "What's been your favorite so far?" Maybe his answer would give him a hint as to where Harry supposedly knew Louis from.

He watched as Harry's face flushed, "'M not going to say. That's embarrassing."

"So you have one in mind?" Louis exclaimed, looking at Harry with wide eyes.

"I never said that," Harry said quickly which led Louis to believe he was most definitely lying.

"Whyyy won't youuu tell meee?" Louis drew each word out like a child begging their parent for candy in line for the cash register and jumped onto Harry's back, wrapping his legs securely around Harry's thin waist.

He did this so often to Liam; Louis didn't give it a second thought. He did now, as Harry tensed under his weight and it occurred to him, (a bit too late) that not all people like to have a flying Louis jump onto their back without any warning.

"Sorry," Louis said quickly, "It was just instinct, I can get down," he said, gripping onto Harry's shoulders and probably looking like a lost baby koala.

"N-No," Harry said, shoulders relaxing as he continued walking, "You're fine. I-I don't mind."

Louis grinned and clasped his hands so his arms hung off of Harry's shoulders, "Now will you tell me where we've met?"

"Nope," Harry said, his childish demeanor making an appearance, "'M still not telling."

"You know, this is embarrassing for me," Louis said, "You know me, you've seen me doing things around campus, probably dumb things, and I never saw you."

"Lots of dumb things," Harry said, which drove Louis crazy.

"I saw you that time you skateboarded into class," Harry said, "I saw you applaud yourself after receiving an A on a quiz. I saw you dancing in the quad during the cultural fair while the drumming club was performing," Harry paused, "No that wasn't dumb, that was actually pretty cute."

Louis felt his face grow warm with affection towards this boy. "Why didn't you introduce yourself?" Louis asked, "Could've used a friend some of those days."

"You were always surrounded by people," Harry said softly, "And I don't know, got nervous I suppose."

"Wish you had," Louis said, "I might have been surrounded by people but that doesn't mean I didn't feel alone."

a/n

That last line was inspired by the lyric in Beautiful People by Ed Sheeran that goes "Surrounded, but still alone."

Alsooo ik the picture doesn't match the outfit descriptions I gave but I can't photoshop for the life of me so that's as good as it's gonna get :p

I updated twice today because I'm in a giving mood :))

All the luv, Minzey