10

Harry

"I might have been surrounded by people but that doesn't mean I didn't feel alone."

If regret were a person, they would be Harry because he was now regretting every single time he had the opportunity to go up and introduce himself to Louis and talked himself out of it.

"There you guys are!" Zayn called. The three of them were standing at the entrance to Buccaneer and Harry noticed Liam stood a fraction of an inch closer to Zayn than Niall did. Of course, Niall was also busy playing peek-a-boo with some kid in line so it could have nothing.

"How was Tatsu?" Liam asked Louis who hadn't climbed down from his shoulders yet.

"Amazing!" Louis said wistfully, "Maybe one day you'll grow the balls one day to accompany me on it."

"I'd rather be ball-less than accompany you on that death machine," Liam muttered.

"Death machine?" Harry raised his eyebrows, "Because unless this is a warped sense of reality, Lou and I are very much alive."

Lou.

He heard what sounded like a little purr near his ear when he let the nickname slip and he marked that as a good sign.

"Guys," Niall interrupted them, "I made a friend!" he points to a small boy with dark skin and a bright smile as he waved back at Niall, "His name is Evan."

While Liam and Zayn bend down to wave at Evan, Harry feels Louis press his lips —his lips— to his ear, "Niall's the type of guy who could befriend a log, right?"

Harry nodded, his mind racing as he felt his ears tingle, "D-Did once," he said, trying to steady his voice, "Niall's a tree-hugger."

"Why am I not surprised?"

**

Buccaneer turned out to be a fucking blast because the five of them could sit facing one another during the ride and make funny faces at each other as the boat rocked back and forth. (Well, a blast for him, Louis, and Niall.)

"Fucking christ," Zayn moaned as they exited the ride, "I feel like my insides just went through a blender

"Fucking christ," Zayn moaned as they exited the ride, "I feel like my insides just went through a blender."

"Oh man, make way!" Niall shouted to the group in front of them, "My friend is gonna blow!"

"Forgive him," Harry muttered to the group as Niall rushed Zayn to a bench, "We're teaching him public decency and he's currently failing."

Everyone chuckled good-humoredly, then Harry and Louis made their way to the bench where Zayn looked pale; Liam concerned and Niall playing the good friend he was and rubbing Zayn's back soothingly.

"We're thinking lunch might be a good idea," Niall said, all businesses-like, "We need to get food into his stomach."

Harry was about to question that theory when Louis asked, "Get food in his stomach or yours?"