August Chapter 4

Rory did not come home with us, though Shawn and I waited at the mall for the girls before getting into my car to head back to her place

Rory did not come home with us, though Shawn and I waited at the mall for the girls before getting into my car to head back to her place. Because none of us knew the code to the gate, we had to buzz to get in. Luckily, not only did they let us in, they met us at the door again, where the man we now knew was the McJames' chauffer, said he'd put the car in garage in for me, and the butler for our floor was ready to show us up to our room with our new purchases.

It was amazing how easy we—or at least I—had gotten used to having servants. How the hell had Rory given this all up?

We get a little bit of time before we have to get ready for the party. And I don't see Rory during that time.

We get to eat, we get to play in the house, though we stick to the games room which is more like an arcade. I do go for a swim and try out the climbing waterfall. It's all pretty good and I can already feel myself getting used to this. I needed to not get used to this.

Shawn is already talking about coming here for all our vacations, and he's mentioned twice that we should try to come here even without Rory because we would need someone to stay and work our shifts.

Neither Candy nor I have even bothered to acknowledge that request. It's a silly thing to expect, that her parents would let us come here when their daughter wasn't with us, nor would she want us to go places without her, especially her home.

She was our friend, and we needed to start appreciating her better. Shawn especially if he wanted to come here more often.

When we finally start getting ready I'm nervous. Nervous because I don't think this party is going to be like the parties we're used to and have fun at. Nervous because I want to impress Rory so I want her to think I look good. Nervous because I haven't seen her all day and Candy's been in a bad mood so I think they might have had an argument.

But once we're ready, once we're at the door waiting for the girls to come down, I'm nervous for a completely different reason.

I'm afraid I won't be good enough.

I'm pretty sure Shawn hasn't noticed, he also doesn't look nervous, just grumpy. He doesn't like that he's in the monkey suit, as he keeps calling it.

But it's Shawn who notices them first. The girls coming down the stairs. I turn to follow his shocked stare and then find myself in silent shock as well.

Candy is in this navy blue dress with a tule looking tutu that doesn't stick out as much as it probably should. It's heart shaped bodice is bejeweled and glittering and beside me I swear I can hear Shawn's jaw drop and cock harden.

He definitely thinks Candy is a stunner and I can totally see that she is, but that isn't want has me quietly in awe.

It's Rory.

Rory's dress is baby pink and covered in clear and golden beads along the chunky strapped heart shaped bodice. Her skirt, much like Candy's looks like a tutu, except the long and flowy kind. Her make up is done ten times more extravagantly than when she had shown up after spending a week with the Pegs, and her hair is swept up dramatically. She looks like a completely different person and honestly I have no idea what to do with that right now.