July Chapter 12

I drive like a bat out of hell, but I don't see Rory on the road

I drive like a bat out of hell, but I don't see Rory on the road. To me that means she's in the forest taking a short cut back to EAB.

I've scared her off.

I've hurt her when I didn't mean to. For some reason this upsets me. I'm worried that I've pushed her back to Jay by being the same kind of insensitive ass that he was

Honestly, I knew what was happening.

She may not have seen it but I did.

Jay had wizened up.

He realized what he had lost, both at work and in his life. How could he not? Rory was the whole package. But I couldn't lose her yet. Not before the contract resigning, not when I was still so deliciously addicted to her.

I still hadn't gotten in her pants yet.

When I got to EAB, like inside the disgusting out of style front lobby, I wasn't sure what to say. So I resorted to shouting.

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

I'm answered with silence and then Jay pokes his head out of the entrance way that led to the pool. A surprised glare pointed in my direction.

"What the fuck are you doing here, pretty boy?" he snaps. One eye is swollen shut and an icepack is in his hand. I try not to smirk at my handiwork because I need him to tell me where Rory is.

"I know she's here. So, where is she?" I growl.

Jay's one good eye narrows at me. "You lost Rory?" he shoots back.

It's a logical assumption. It's the only reason I'd be here at EAB looking for any her but I'm still mad that he assumed that I've lost her. I have nothing to say though so I just glare at him instead.

"What did you do?" Jay asks stepping out of the doorway.

"Nothing," I growl through grit teeth.

"Well it's obviously something if you think she's run all the way back here after what I did," he taunts and I fight the urge to storm over to him and blacken his other eye.

"Is she here or not?" I snap and Jay crosses his arms over his chest.

"Even if she was here, I wouldn't tell you," he growls.

It doesn't take me long, in fact, I barely even register I'm moving until I have him by the shirt and am pressing him up against a wall with all my might.

"Listen here, you little shit..."

But coughing interrupts whatever it was I have to say. Shawn is beside us, and behind him are two security guards I didn't know EAB employed. I mean... why would they? It wasn't like they got high clientele.

I let Jay go and back away, because I can clearly tell that I'm out numbered. I notice that Candy is now in the doorway that leads to the pool, on her tippy toes trying to get a view at what's happening.

"Can you just tell her that I'm sorry and I want her to come home," I ask being sure to put on my most pitiful face.

Jay sneers at me, and Shawn says something about how they'll get right on that very sarcastically, but I can see the look on Candy's face and I know I've gotten to her.

I storm back to my car and throw myself into the expensive leather seats that usually bring me comfort. At the moment they're doing nothing for me. I sit for a minute and wonder what to do.

If she's actually in there she may come out soon to see me, since I did apologize publicly and ask her to come back.

But how long do I wait?

I'm also mad, so I kind of want to drive back to Polished Elite leaving her to find her own way back. But then she'd have to get someone to drive her back, which would probably be Jay.

And did I really want her to spend more time alone with Jay? Fuck no.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and struggle to get it out with my shaking hands. I'm hoping it Rory but it's only a text from Kaitlyn. I read it quickly and smile. Turns out I don't have to wait.

Rory's with Milo and Daphne.