Chapter 7

*play the song above when mentioned to, it'll contribute to the feeling/emotion (optional)

Song: You and I - Ingrid Michaelson

♗♗♗

The Great Hall was glowing magically, decked out perfectly for the start-of-term feast. The four long tables were already filled with students in their perspective houses, all in full uniform as they watched the new first years get sorted.

"Can't believe it's my second year already, last year blew by quick." Madelyn told as she watched a small brown-haired boy jumping up to the stool. "Yeah and we're in our fourth." Y/N responded as Caleb, Lizzy and Aidan chuckled.

"Reckon it'd be a normal year?" Aidan questioned as he glanced over to the group, earning a sigh from the Ravenclaw as she leaned back into her seat, "It's been my dream since first year." she retaliated as she flickered her gaze towards the Ravenclaw.

Instantly, feeling her worries fly away as her lips curled up into a smile at the sight of the bushy-haired girl, she watched as her girlfriend smiled at the new Gryffindors first years hopping over to their table.

Suddenly, she felt someone kicking her from under the table causing her to shift her gaze down to Lizzy who sat across from her, Lizzy held a smirked expression which the Ravenclaw knew too well. She rolled her eyes and huffed, "What do you want now?"

Lizzy shrugged playfully as she exchanged glances with Aidan and Caleb before turning back to the Ravenclaw, "You'll need to learn to stop staring." she mused as the Ravenclaw scoffed, "Oh shut up, Elizabeth. You can't blame me for being attracted to my girlfriend."

Madelyn quirked an eyebrow at the Ravenclaw, tilting her head to the side curiously, "You have a girlfriend?" she questioned innocently as the Ravenclaw wheeled her head towards her, her cheeks flashing a subtle pink as she let out a nervous laugh, "Uh..y-yeah I do.."

Y/N started to feel her nerves build up as the others watched the interaction amusingly, Madelyn squinted her eyes for a while before her face lit up, "Who is it? Is she pretty? What house is she? Do you love her?" she rambled out in a breath as the Ravenclaw snickered at her reaction.

"Woah, calm down there Mads, I feel like I'm being interrogated here." she chuckled as Madelyn's lips started to purse together, ducking her head down as her cheeks turned a pink hue, "Sorry." she murmured lowly, though the Ravenclaw giggled as she patted the girl softly on the shoulder.

"It's fine, Mads, don't worry about it. How about this, I'll introduce you to her when we're free, maybe the weekends, does that sound alright to you?" she questioned as Madelyn's face lit up once more, without a second thought she nodded her head up and down quickly, "Yes, please!"

The Ravenclaw snickered as she turned back to the front of the hall, noticing the Sorting Ceremony had ended as Dumbledore ascended in front of the High Table and cleared his throat.