Chapter 28

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

"So we know it's mersong, that's confirmed." Aidan stated, earning a hum from Lizzy as she continued to scan through the book in her arms, "Y/N, what did you hear again?"

"Come seek us where our voices sound.."

"That's the Black Lake. Obvious." Hermione told as she signaled for the RAvenclaw to continue, "An hour long you'll have to look..."

"Again, merpeople, obvious." Lizzy stated knowingly, earning a hum from the bushy-haired girl, though she held a somewhat worried look, "Though, admittedly, potentially problematic."

"Potentially problematic?" Y/N scoffed, "I don't know about you but the last time I checked I couldn't hold my breath for an hour!" she yelled out frustratedly in a hushed tone, though her face quickly faltered into an apologetic one as she realised she came off a little harsh.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so angry." Y/N apologised before she slammed her head down onto the opened book on the table, groaning irritatedly into it.

"Well...I had an uncle who could stick his head in a pickle jar. Ears and all." Ron chuckled, though Harry gave him a kick under the table along with a glare, signaling him that it wasn't quite the time to joke.

Ron noticed it as he let out an embarrassed chuckle, in attempt to break the awkward silence he created, "Right. Not helpful."

Hermione lips pursed together as she noticed her girlfriend's frustrated look, she comfortingly placed her hand on the Ravenclaws thigh, attempting to give her some sort of comfort to her stress, "Look, Y/N. We can do this. We'll figure it out, all of us. We've just to keep looki-"

"Mione, we've been looking all day, we practically gone through almost half of the library and still found, absolutely nothing." Y/N grumbled as she was now toying with the golden egg in front of her, "Honestly maybe I should turn into an animagus, like Uncle Sirius, don't you think, Har?"

"Yeah, maybe you should turn into a frog." Harry yawned to which Caleb nodded at, "Perhaps a goldfish."

Though, Lizzy and Hermione didn't seem to be amused as they both shot the three a knowing glare, "It takes years to become an animagus." Hermione stated knowingly to which Lizzy nodded at.

"Besides you'd need to register to be a legal animagus." she continued, the two of them held very serious looks to which only added to the Ravenclaw's amusement.

"We're joking, I know I can't just turn into a frog tomorrow morning." she told as the two girls faces flashed with slight embarrassment before Aidan decided to change up the topic, "Speaking of, isn't tomorrow you're birthday, Y/N?"

The Ravenclaw she slowly nodded, "Apparently, it is." she sighed, though she didn't seem happy about it whatsoever, "And I guess drowning alongside merpeople would be a great birthday gift, don't you think?"