Chapter 8

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

Whispers filled the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom as students waited for their new Professor's arrival. Murmurs about Moody's pass could be heard surrounded the Ravenclaw as she fiddled with the ends of her textbook on her desk.

Harry and Ron sat in front while Aidan sat with Neville behind them, Y/N and Hermione sat beside Harry and Ron whereas Caleb and Lizzy sat behind. "Hey Y/N/N, what'd you think we'd be learning today." Caleb asked, the Ravenclaw thought about it for awhile before turning around and replying with a shrug, "No idea, i've heard from Fred and George that they had fun during their class, so let's hope that's the case today."

Caleb hummed in response as he turned to his bag and took out his textbook, The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection.

Suddenly, the doors of the class room burst open, instantly students fell silent as all their attention was brought to the man limping towards the front. With a loud thud, he dropped his textbook onto Neville's desk.

"I see you all slogged down to Flourish & Blotts like good little boys and girls and bought the textbook. Congratulations...It'll make a fine doorstop.." he monotoned, then he slowly turned around to face the class, his normal eye squinting as his blue eyeball scanned the entire classroom.

"I'm Alastor Moody, ex-Auror, Ministry melcontent and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" he concluded, his blue eye continued to scan the silent classroom.

Y/N noticed how the blue eye landed on her, she felt the same gut feeling she felt during the feast, it certainly wasn't a good one.

Moody abruptly turned around and took out the same flask bottle out from his cloak and poured it into his mouth before slamming it down onto his desk. He clicked his tongue before turning back to face the classroom, "When it comes to the Dark Arts. I Believe in a practical approach. You may wonder what I mean by that. I'll show you, But first, which of you can tell me.."

He trailed off as he motioned behind his desk, kneeling down slightly, the sound of ruffling drawers could be heard as he took out a specimen jar, inside there was a spider that scuttled within.

"how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" he continued as his normal eye stayed glued onto the spider in the jar while his blue eye rotates around the classroom.

Students started to secretly exchange uneasy glances before turning back to the Professor in front who still held an emotionless face. Just then, his blue eye landed onto the bushy-haired girl in front, "I might've known. Go on, Granger."

Immediately, puzzled expressions spread across the students face but no one felt as puzzled as the bushy-haired girl herself, "There are three sir..." she trailed off as she exchanged a glance with Harry before turning back to the front, "How did you know-"