Chapter 29

⚠️🅢🅔🅧🅤🅐🅛 🅒🅞🅝🅣🅔🅝🅣⚠️

⚠️🅢🅔🅧🅤🅐🅛 🅒🅞🅝🅣🅔🅝🅣⚠️

♗♗♗

As Y/N and Harry's boat glided back into the spongy bank, they disembarked it, not expecting anything to happen as they began to move on.

"Congratulations, Y/L/N."

Jumping at the voice, they turned around, the sight of the man seemed to catch both of them by surprise as the Ravenclaw exchanged an uncertain glance with the raven-haired boy before she turned back to the man, "Mr Crouch..."

"Hello, Potter." he greeted, earning a sheepish smile from the raven-haired boy along with a nod, "I'm sorry we haven't spoken. After all, your stories are the ones I heard so many times. Quite remarkable, really."

"Tragic, of course...to lose one's family...never whole again, are we...Still, life goes on...and here we stand..." Crouch told, "I'm sure your father, Y/L/N. Your parents, Potter, would be very proud of the both of you, especially your father, Y/L/N, for today. Any parent would. Very proud indeed...."

"Bartemious!"

Another familiar voice called out as the duo wheeled around, notice Moody now limping towards them, "Not trying to lure Y/L/N and Potter into one of the Ministry's summer internships, are you? Last boy who went into the Department of Mysteries never came out."

Y/N exchanged an uneasy glance with the raven-haired boy before she turned back to the two men, noticing Moody's tongue probing out once more, she never knew why he did it, she's noticed it a few times, though never had the courage to ask.

What was more odd to her was, she could tell the hint of fear that flashed through Crouch's eyes, though yet again, she didn't know why.

"And they say I'm mad." Moody scoffed as he abruptly turned towards the duo, though, his eyes were glued sternly at the Ravenclaw, a glare that indicated the Ravenclaw that whatever's coming next won't be anything great.

"You were a damn fool today, Y/L/N!" Moody spat, "If you want to play hero, I can find you plenty of playmates among the First Years! Otherwise, I suggest you grow up and grow up fast! You've got worse than mermaids ahead of you!"

The Ravenclaw stood there, slightly stunned, she could even sense the raven-haired boy frozen beside her, they just stared as Moody whipped out his flask and hastily takes a sip before he exited.

"What was that all about." Y/N whispered dazedly as she finally snapped out of her stunned state and turned towards the raven-haired boy who shrugged in response, "Dunno."

"Well, so much for trying to save everybody." Y/N sighed before she nodded towards the castle stairs, "C'mon, Har." she called out letting the raven-haired boy motioned beside the Ravenclaw as they returned to the castle.