Chapter 40

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

"Can't believe the term's already over." Lizzy told, earning a hum from the Ravenclaw as she packed her folded clothes into her trunk, "Time flies..." she sighed as she straightened up her jeans about to fold them when something flew out of its pockets.

A rectangular piece of paper that had fallen out, it looked to have some short words written on it, curiously the Ravenclaw picked it up, eyebrows furrowing as she scanned through the sentence, 'Colin wanted me to give you this -Har'.

Slowly, she turned the paper around, instantly a sigh left her lips as her heart grew heavy, it was a photo of her and Cedric at the Yule Ball, they had drinks in their hands and big smiles on their faces, they seemed so happy.

"Y/N? You alright?" Lizzy questioned with slight concern as she caught on with the Ravenclaw's slightly emotional demeanor. Y/N shook her head as another sigh escaped her lips, "Nothing, it's just..I miss him."

Lizzy held a small frown as she motioned to the bed next to the Ravenclaw and took a seat, looking down to the picture in Y/N's hold as a soft sigh emitted from herself, "We all do."

"But, he's somewhere safe now,." Lizzy comforted, "Happily watching over us, just like everyone else."

"Yeah.." said Y/N quietly, "You think he'll get along with Lily and James?"

Lizzy softly snickered at her remark, sending a pat on her shoulder as she nodded, "I think they'd get along perfectly." she reassured, earning a grin from the Ravenclaw in return, "I bet Cedric's already showing you off by telling them how good you did during the Tournament."

A chuckle escaped the Ravenclaw's lips at the thought as she shook her head playfully, "No, he's probably annoying them for being too nice." she joked, earning a loud hum in agreement from Lizzy, "Oh, definitely. Honestly, how could someone be so nice?"

"I mean..there's a reason he got sorted into Hufflepuff." Y/N pointed out knowingly to which Lizzy rolled her eyes at, "Besides, you're just too mean to understand how to be nice."

She was shot a scolding glare from the blonde girl along with a playful swat on the shoulder as she stood back on her two feet, "Shove off, Y/L/N." she scoffed as she motioned to the dorm door, "I'll wait for you at the common room, don't want to keep the boys waiting, you know how they get."

"Right, right." Y/N snickered, turning back to her trunk in front of her, "Tell them I'll be there in about 3 minutes, just got a little more packing to do."

She heard an understanding hum from Lizzy before the sound of the dorm door swung open and shut again, this told the Ravenclaw that she was now alone in her dorm.

Sighing to herself, she took another glance at the photo of her and Cedric in her hand, the visions of that night slowly flooding back in as she quickly shut her eyes and shook her head, attempting to shake the visions out of her mind.