Chapter 20

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

It's the day of the first task, all the champions were now gathered in a tent, waiting as everybody took their seats on the stands. People outside were the only noises that filled the tent as the four champions were awful quiet, not a single one had muttered a single word.

Y/N felt her heart was about to drop out of her throat, the butterflies in her stomach was booming more than ever. Without realising she had paced around the same spot in the tent for over 15 minutes, trying to calm her nerves down.

She wasn't the only one, Fleur was seated stoned on a cardboard box as she stared into the ground, Krum was laying on the bench, though the ravenclaw could make out the petrified look behind that fierce face.

Cedric on the other hand was pacing back and forth just like the Ravenclaw herself, his face was pale as day, Y/N could even make out a slight green tint fading onto his cheeks.

"Pssttt"

Instantly, the Ravenclaw wheeled around quizzically, trying to catch where the sound had come from, "Y/N,Over here!" the voice called out in a whispered tone.

Y/N noticed the sound was coming from one of the flaps of the tent, noticing a small flock of bushy brown hair poking out, instantly she knew who was on the other side of the flap as she motioned next to it, bending her head over slightly.

"Granger..?" Y/N called out in a hushed tone, "The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to..." Hermione trailed off, the Ravenclaw could sense the same nervous state that the bushy-haired girl was in from just her voice.

"Battle a dragon." Y/N continued lowly. "Right.." Hermione responded with a frantic look to which the Ravenclaw could sense from the other side of the flap. "Oh Y/N!"

Suddenly, the Ravenclaw felt arms around her neck, the bushy-haired girl had nuzzled her face into the crook of her neck leaving Y/N slightly startled as she instinctively wrapped her arms around her waist.

The Ravenclaw felt her heart doo flips and twists, its been a while since she even had the slightest contact with the bushy-haired girl, and she wasn't going to lie, she missed it.

Flash!

Instantly, the two pulled away, a scowl formed on the Ravenclaw's face as she watched Rita strolling in with a photographer by her side, "Young love. How stirring." Rita hummed in a dreamy tone.

Earning a scoff from both the Ravenclaw and the bushy-haired girl, though Y/N felt a pit of anger boil inside of her, though before she could speak another voice had spoke up, "You." Hermione growled lowly, her eyes were narrowed in a thin line towards the woman.

"Oh don't even start, you silly girl. I can tell you where it'll end." Rita retorted causing the Ravenclaw's scowl to deepend, "What are you even-"