Chapter 32

♗♗♗

♗♗♗

Down in the corridor, Y/N could be seen trudging along the empty corridor, consumed in her own thoughts.

Harry had went back to the Gryffindor common room, taking a different route from the Ravenclaw, she thought it was for the best, after the entire interaction back at Dumbledore's neither of them showed an interest to really talk about it, or quite knew how to.

It was the sound of voices that snapped her out of her thoughts, lifting her gaze to be met with two silhouettes, glimmering at the end of the corridor.

She continued to walk down the corridor, thinking nothing of it, though as the two figures came into the clearing, her steps unintentionally slowed down.

Snape and Karkaroff was standing in the distance, a few feet away from the Ravenclaw. The interaction between them seemed odd to the Ravenclaw, Karkaroff had his left arm extended, sleeve pushed past his elbow, his face looked as pale as day, as if he had an encounter with a ghost.

Snape on the other hand, looked the total opposite as he stared straight into Karkaroff's hand, he looked in disbelief, with a slight hint of annoyance from Karkaroff's presence.

She watched as Karkaroff's empty hand reached for Snape's, though he quickly retracted as the Ravenclaw's presence seemed to have alarmed them in some sort of way.Instantly, Karkaroff dropped his left arm and without a word, stormed off.

Y/N certainly didn't want to be left with Snape for a million of reasons she could think of so without any hesitation she turn away.

"Y/L/N! What's your hurry!" Snape called out, the Ravenclaw immediately came to a halt, slowly turning around as she watched Snape striding towards her.

"Congratulations. Your performance in the Black Lake was inspiring." Snape congratulated, though his tone was anything but happy for her, "Gillyweed, am I correct?"

"Yes, sir." the Ravenclaw nodded, earning a click of the tongue from Snape, "Ingenious. A rather rare herb. Gillyweed." he told as he stared back at the Y/N suspiciously, "Not something found in your everyday garden. Nor this."

Snape held up a tiny crystal vial right in front of the Ravenclaw's face, she immediately recognized it as she glanced back at Snape, who held a sly smirk, "Know what it is?" he questioned mockingly, earning a nod from the Ravenclaw, "Veritaserum."

"Very well, Y/L/N. I believe you know how powerful it is. Three drops and You-Know-Who himself would spill his darkest secrets." Snape jeered lowly, though the Ravenclaw wasn't intimidated by the Professor, not one bit.

"The use of it on a student is, regrettably, forbidden." he mentioned in disappointment, "However. Should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice-"