34.

"You should stay extra time to make up from yesterday." Vernon said.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Yoongi shrugged taking off his apron.

"You're so rude. Do you know that?" He said with a hint of aggression.

"You're so cute. You know that?"

Vernon's face turned bright red. "I—I don't think so mister. You're trying to—"

"Why're you stuttering?"

"I'm not! I'll have you know as the assistant mana—"

"That's not a thing." He interrupted while gathering his things.

"It is too, you pale freak."

"Ouch. Going after my skin tone? That's cold even for you."

"You started it. Hey! Will you at least be showing up tomorrow?"

"Maybe. Depends."

"On what?"

"If I don't get snapped to another dimension then yes I'll be here. And if I get a record deal then I'll probably not come."

Vernon frowned, "Ha. Very funny."

Yoongi snickered as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was quite sweaty and smelled like grease. However, there was no time to run home and shower.

If he remembered correctly, around this time Jimin would be leaving the office. He had to hurry and catch up to him. If he talked to him then maybe he'd remember.

"Why're you looking at yourself like that? Weirdo." He judged with his arms crossed around his chest.

Yoongi then realized he had been making weird faces at himself in front of Vernon. "Let me be. Go back and be the assistant manager whatever that is."

"If you styled your hair a little better then you wouldn't look so dead."

"Gee. Thanks."

"I'm serious. Maybe part it to the other side."

Yoongi thought about it for a second and finally gave in. He followed his suggestion and did as he was told. Not bad. He looked more like he had just finished working out rather than leaving a dinner. That was progress.

"Why're you trying to look all cute for anyways?"

Yoongi turned to look at him with the biggest smile. "I'm going to get the love of my life back." He responded confidently as he walked past him.

Vernon frowned once again and sighed. "What an idiot. Can never be serious."

•••

Yoongi stared at the front gate with hawk eyes. Any moment now Jimin would walk out. He just had to go talk to him and refresh his mind a little. That's all that was going to take.

The previous night he had stayed up most of the time thinking about him. If Jin really was gone, he at least owed him this. To have a happy ending with the person he wanted.

Jin would've wanted that. He went to extends to try to make Yoongi's wish come true. Now he had to make it real.

As soon as he spotted a handsome man walk through the door he opened his car door. Jimin wore a black suit, shades, and carried his briefcase with his left hand.

Breathtaking was an understatement.

Yoongi pulled at the hem of his shirt and took a deep breath. Jimin already made him nervous, but seeing him in his normal body was truly terrifying.