37.

"Have you made progress with the love of your life?" Vernon wondered a he flipped through the magazine pages.

"Slow progress." Yoongi grinned enthusiastically.

"What's that smell?" He asked wrinkling his nose and looking up.

"What? What do you mean?" He replied a bit paranoid.

Vernon stepped closer and took a whiff of the air. "Ugh! It's you." He accused disgusted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That cologne smells like ass shit."

"What? Are you serious?"

Vernon nodded and Yoongi pulled out the can to smell it again. It was the best he could find at the local store. He didn't think it was that bad.

"Of course it smells like shit. That's Axe." Vernon added

"I didn't think it smelled that bad."

"Well, it does. I think you have better luck smelling like grease and burgers."

Yoongi panicked and rushed to get a clean rug. He put some water on it and some dish soap to start scrubbing his underarms and chest.

"Hey! Those rugs aren't for that!"

"I'm in a hurry! I have no time to stop by my house to shower."

"You better buy us a new one. Even better, I'll deduct it from your paycheck."

"You have no control over my paycheck. Nice try."

"I'm the assistant—"

"That's not a thing. Do I smell any better?" He asked leaning in.

Vernon stepped back, "You're in my personal bubble. Yeah, I guess that smells better."

"Awesome. Thanks." He replied throwing him the rag.

Vernon huffed moving out of the way. "You better bring us a new rag. Min Yoongi? Min—" but before he could finish his rant, Yoongi was out the door.

•••

It was a windy afternoon and quite chilly. Yoongi hated the fact that he had forgotten his jacket. The only warmth he had was the sunlight shining on him.

He waited outside his car afraid Jimin would sprint before he could talk to him. After his attempt to make him swoon, they hadn't really talked.

It had been a failure to say the least. When Yoongi told him he was the one, Jimin got up and was out the door. No words were said.

All Yoongi could do was sit there. The silence was worst than words. So many doubts were flooding his mind since that day.

He had probably ruined the chances to be with him. Not that there was really any go begin with. Making him fall in love was harder than he imagined.

In his perfect dream world, Jimin would recall and admit how foolish he had been to push him away. That was not going to happen anytime soon.

Yoongi wondered day and night why he still remembered everything. It was a curse and a gift at the same time.

Knowing that their love was beautiful was amazing. But not having him in this lifetime was too painful to bear.

Jimin walked out the front gate interrupting his deep thoughts. He was about to approach him when he spotted Hoseok behind him.

Yoongi grew quite nervous to be around his friends. Especially because he had danced with Hoseok at the club. Not that he probably remembered.

Just when he was about to get back in his car, Hoseok waved from the distance with the biggest smile. He had to look back and make sure he was talking to him.