43.

"Promise you won't ever forget this. Promise you won't ever forget me."

Jimin woke up abruptly in a puddle of sweat. His heart kept racing and his breathing unsteady. He stared at his surroundings making sure he wasn't in his fervent dream.

That voice. Those words. Where had he heard them? It felt like his mind wasn't all there. He leaned back on his nightstand and stared at the clock on his wall.

The ticking was slow and dreadful. He decided to lay back down trying to silence that voice. Forget who? Forget what? And why was the only one coming to his mind Yoongi?

After turning various times, he got up. It was pointless to try to sleep. The dream had scared it away. As he looked at himself in the mirror he noted how sweaty and red he was.

"Even if we aren't meant to be I know in another world we are."

He opened up the faucet and splashed his face with cold water. That didn't drown away those thoughts. He continued to brush his teeth and comb his hair to keep himself busy. For minutes, he paced back and forth in his room until he couldn't take it any more.

Grabbing his shoes and keys, he was quickly out the door.

•••

The clock read two thirty when Yoongi heard a knock on his door. It was very weird because he happened to be awake as well.

As he walked to the door he chuckled at himself for thinking it'd be Jimin. It just couldn't be. His apartment wasn't fancy enough to have a clean peep hole. It was extremely dirty it was obviously pointless to even try to use it.

He put his hand on the handle, "Who's there?" He asked. It could be psychopath and yet he was still here. Was this where his life had gotten him?

No answer. He sighed thinking it over and over. Did he answer the door? Would he be killed before his dream come true? What if it was Jimin out there? Or what if it was Jungkook being held hostage and needed him?

"I've got you Kook—! Oh. You're not Jungkook." He apologetically said once he opened the door and spotted Jimin. 

"Hi. I'm sorry for being here so late. Can we talk?"

Yoongi swallowed down nervously. This had happened too. Back in the other reality. Could it be that their worlds were finally colliding?

"I—I just had this weird dream. I woke up in a sweat and the only person on my mind was you. You're always there for some odd reason. And I know you're a creep, a weirdo, and even a stalker—"

"Woah. Is this the speech for a restraining order or what? If you're complimenting me you're doing a horrible job at it."

"No, no, listen."

Yoongi nodded giving him all the attention. Jimin kept looking down and didn't make eye contact. It was unusual to see him so shy and restricted. He enjoyed the attention and wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

This small act showed his vulnerability which was a big thing for Yoongi. He had been vulnerable in Jimin's eyes plenty of times. Now, he was comfortable enough to show his weak side as well.

"I don't know how you know me like you say you do. I really don't know what I feel for you. It probably all sounds crazy, but overthinking it is driving me insane. I've only been in love once. That was back in high school. Even then, I'm not sure I was even in love. I've never felt fond to let a person in my life like that. I guess what I'm saying is, I feel this connection with you I cannot explain. It makes me feel like I'm back in high school. Like I'm..."

Yoongi held his breath as he felt his heart swell up. It was hard to tell if this was a love confession or a goodbye. It could go either way. So, he couldn't get his hopes up. He was prepared for the blow or the joy.

Both of his hands were sweaty. The one he was holding the door was numb from the tight grip. He was starting to feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe it was the lack of sleep. Maybe it was the four cups of black coffee he'd had. Or maybe it was the fact that Jimin was standing here in front of his eyes confessing how he truly felt.

"I want us to start over." He said finally looking up. The eye contact was very intense. It was making Yoongi's knees tremble. Jimin's cheeks were a rosy pink from the shyness.

"I want us to start from zero. I've never been afraid to be alone. I have never really wished to fall in love either. But now, I really crave your company. I want you to be with me. Before I was attracted to your body, I became attracted to your mind. This that I feel...it just feels right." He whispered.

Yoongi nibbled the inside of his lip while the blood rushed to his face. Hearing him say that made the butterflies in his stomach flutter.

Jimin let out a shaky breath as he continued to speak, "I don't know whether this will work or not. All I really know is that I really want to kiss you."

Yoongi instantly let go of the door and wrapped his arms around his neck tightly. He crashed his lips onto his and smiled in between.

His lips hadn't lost the sweet flavor he remembered. They were still soft and warm. The kiss was very gentle with a lot of need. They had both been holding back for so long.

When they pulled away, they stayed silent. It was a comfortable silence. Jimin's face was redder than before.

"Do you want to come in and go over my pamphlet?" Yoongi asked out of the blue. If they were going to start something he had to make sure Jimin knew everything about him.

This made him laugh. The sound was melody to Yoongi's ears. It made him want to be the funniest person alive just to make Jimin happy.

"What a weirdo. That sounds just fine."

"Oh! One more thing. I'm not really a teacher."

Jimin snickered rolling his eyes, "Yeah. I figured the day I saw you at the drive-thru."

"Okay. Good."

Yoongi let him in and Jimin walked to the nearest couch. He slowly closed the door with the biggest smile on his face. After making him a cup of tea, they chatted for hours.

Jimin learned that Yoongi couldn't drive stick shift, that his absolute favorite color was yellow, that he had the worst handwriting in the world, and that he really enjoyed looking at the clouds. From the very minimal thing to his most deepest secrets. He had learned it all.

Before they knew it, they had fallen asleep on the couch. Jimin's head resting on Yoongi's shoulder. It wasn't until the sunlight hit his face that he opened his eyes.

He cracked one open and for a brief second thought everything was a dream. Then, he looked down and Jimin was still there. Laying on his shoulder soundly asleep.

Yoongi smiled resting his head on top of his. There was no doubt he wanted to make this man the happiest he'd ever been.

From Monday through Friday. From January to December. From today until the very last day of their lives. He just wanted to make him happy.