DeVir OS We are in this together

Deba heaved a sigh in frustration as she returned to her room after a long day of shoot. Her day started with news of Ayushi's mother's death and that affected her a lot. She grew closer to Ayushi in a shorter period of time and she prayed that Ayushi finds strength and courage to overcome her loss.

The environment at the shooting spot was already tensed given the covid lockdown situation at Goa. Then came the news of Major Bikramjeet Kanwarpal's demise and KV was highly disturbed by the news. She heard a lot and have watched Major's work. This news was shocking for her. But then she learnt that he was a good friend of KV. So, she could relate why KV was very disturbed. He wasn't himself that day. Everyone in the shoot tried to cheer up KV but Deba knew that what he needed was some time alone.

Deba has come to realize that KV is always on the edge ever since they came to Goa. This whole covid situation has made him more cautious and she could see him constantly worrying about his parents he left behind back in Mumbai. Although KV looks as if he's carrying himself well, Deba knows he's disturbed and a little distracted even.

Today they were shooting for the ShaKhi confrontation scene. Although KV aced the scene, Deba can see through KV's act. They have spent last three months together. It wasn't tough for her to realize that KV's not okay.

Deba sighed as she stood up. She was beat after a long day of shoot but she just wanted to check up on KV. He has become a good friend of her and she's worried about him. She made her way to his room. A waiter was there at the same time, bringing black coffee for KV.

Deba took over the black coffee from the waiter and sent him. Deba let herself inside the room as it was already open. Her eyes searched for KV and found him sitting in a recliner in balcony, staring into the calmness of the night.

Deba approached towards KV and placed the black coffee on the coffee table, gaining KV's attention.

"Deba?" KV said sitting straight.

"Hey, I was on my way to meet you" Deba said "Waiter was taking this for you. So, I thought I'll bring it for you"

"Thank you, Deba" KV said "Why are you standing like this? Sit"

KV made some space for Deba next to him. She took the black coffee and handed it to KV and then sat at the space next to him. She made herself comfortable and looked up at KV who was sipping on his black coffee.

"You, okay?" Deba asked, fixing her gaze on KV.

"Hmmm" KV said looking at Deba with a smile "I'm good"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You don't sound convincing you know" Deba said heaving a frustrated sigh "I mean your lips say something while your eyes something different all together"

"If Anokhi observed Shaurya like this then they would have confessed by now and I wouldn't be running behind you in jungle you know" KV joked while Deba looked at him with an you-are-impossible look. She took the coffee mug from his hand and placed it on the coffee table.

"KV, I'm serious. I know you have become quite distant with everyone ever since we came here. I mean it's covid times and social distancing is important but you're very distant you know. I kinda, I mean we all miss the old energetic KV. I know this covid situation is keeping you on edge. You're cautious and all which is fine but I feel that you're not okay. Today's news has affected you. As much as you try to show that you're okay, I know that you're not. It's good to talk about it and let it out, you know. I want you to speak about it, either with me or whoever you find comfortable with. Voicing out really helps. Its fine if you don't want to right away but remember I'm always there for you. We're in this together, KV" Deba said holding KV's hand in hers, meeting her eyes with his. She squeezed his hand, assuring him that she's by his side.

KV stared at Deba for a good five seconds before breaking their eye contact. He heaved a sigh in frustration and turned to Deba, tightening his hold on her hand. He's tired of keeping everything to himself.

"You're right, Deba. We are in this together... (KV paused) Honestly Deba, I have too many things going on in my head that I couldn't be normal like before. I couldn't shake out of these thoughts and I end up overthinking it. The whole covid situation is disheartening. I feel helpless that there isn't much I could do for people out there. Too many people are on the streets, without any access to proper medical treatment. When I think of all these ... (He shudders) There's also this constant worry about my parents (He heaved a sigh) I have got them vaccinated but still with everything happening around, I'm worried for them. Even if my mother picks a call little late, I get worried. Top of that, every day I see new RIP posts and that's affecting my thoughts too. That's why I tried to stay away from social media but our job demands social media presence that I can't do that too. Following protocols are important but I couldn't even enjoy shooting these days! My heart earns for the normalcy. The show must go on and we are doing our bit but somewhere there's a constant worry in the back of my head, that what if everything gets messed up. Although we are slot leaders at 7 pm, our trp has decreased. I don't know where we are making the mistake here. I convinced myself last night that from tomorrow everything will be better. But today Ayushi's mother's death... Major's death... You know Deba, he was the such a great person. Apart from being a great actor, he was a great human, so full of life. When we were filming Siyaasat, he would often put his arm around my shoulder and say 'Karanvir you're up to great things. I know you'll make it big in life' I could still hear his voice... "

KV took a pause, leaving Deba's hand and buried his face in his palms. Deba holds his right arm with her left one, trying to comfort him in silence. KV looked up within few seconds and went on to talk about his old memories with Major and also talked about whatever he had in his mind in the past few weeks while Deba listened to everything patiently by leaning against his shoulder, her hand still wounded around his right arm. She only spoke when she feels he need assurance anywhere but mostly listened to what he said. She realized that's what he needed the most at that moment.

After a hearty conversation, Deba could notice that KV has visibly relaxed and even back to being cheerful. The last ten minutes of their conversation were filled with they pulling each other's leg, talking about the pranks they have played on each other back in Mumbai and laughed to their heart's content. They missed their fun banter and off-screen bond.

"So, can I expect you to have breakfast with me tomorrow?" Deba asked as she stood up.

"Sure, will be there" KV stood up as well and joked "Tribal people ke sath special paranthas khayenge aur Anokhi ke peeche peeche bhaagenge" (Will have special paranthas with tribal people and run behind Anokhi)

Deba sticked her tongue at him and gave him a playful punch while KV laughed out. They hugged each other and Deba left after wishing him good night while KV sat down on the recliner with a lite heart and closed his eyed with a smile.

THE END

~ * ~

Hey guys, hope you all are doing good. Do watch SAAKK at Star Plus. We need to improve TRP in the coming week. I don't know what KV and Deba must be going through right now but they are doing their best to entertain us during this tough time. Let us do our bit. Watch SAAKK on TV at 7 pm. Re-watch old episodes without skipping. Give a 10 rating to SAAKK in IMDb and google search things related to SAAKK.  Thank you.

Nan ~