Shakhi TS Mareez-e-Ishq pt 1

ShaKhi TS Mareez-e-Ishq

Part I

It has been two days since the Holi party. Anokhi was lying on her bed and staring at the ceiling blankly. Her mind kept thinking about what happened two days back no matter how hard she tried not to think.

Holi – that's the day the equation between her and her PS supposed to change. She was in love and she thought he loved her too. She wanted the Holi to be special for her and her PS.

After giving an earful to Ahir and bringing back Shaurya from the station, Anokhi thought she'll get to know about Shaurya's feelings for her and she'll convey hers but little did she knew she would encounter her PS pouring his heart out to someone else.

It would be an understatement to say that Anokhi was heartbroken. Her PS was proposing his love to someone else when she was going crazy for him in love? Wait, her PS? Can she even tag him as hers now? All these thoughts clouded her mind.

Anokhi felt suffocated when she saw Shaurya with some other girl, tears pooled her eyes. So, she did the only thing she thought of. She rushed back to her hostel room, trying to hold her tears in cheek. Few traitors slipped out of her eyes on the way but she managed to reach her room and locked the door.

As seconds passed, her room filled with her cry. Was it disappointment or hurt or betrayal, she had no clue. Anokhi knew in her heart that Shaurya likes her too but why did he do that? Why did he propose to someone else? Why did he break her heart like this?

Agreed Shaurya didn't propose her but he did say that some unspoken things have to be understood and Anokhi understood the love he had for her through his actions. But then why would he do this to her?

Anokhi didn't step out of her room that day. Neither she picked her friends call nor Shaurya's. The hurt was too much for her to process. This isn't how she pictured how her day would be.

She didn't open when Shaurya knocked her room door, not even when he threatened that he would break the door. She just laid in her bed, muffling her cries with her pillow. She didn't answer when her friends knocked. She wanted to be alone, to let her tears out before she could process everything.

Anokhi's mind kept playing all those moments she had spent with Shaurya, her heart aching with each passing second. For most of the day she cried over what she saw but before midnight she opened Shaurya's texts with heavy heart.

Kahan ho tum?

I couldn't find you anywhere, Anokhi. Tujse ek zaroori bath karni hai.

Are you okay? Why are you not replying my calls?

Why can't I find you anywhere?

Pick my call, Anokhi! I'm getting worried.

I'm standing in front of your hostel room. Open the door now!

My patience is growing thin, Anokhi. Open the damn door! Mujhe tum se kuch bath karni hai!

I swear I would break this door now. OPEN!

There were countless more messages of checking up on her, asking her to open the door, informing her that he has to go but he'll come for her again, asking if she's ok or if she had her food. The last message was couple of minutes ago asking why is she avoiding him. Anokhi heaved a tired sigh, her eyes tearing up.

"Matharani, yeh kya ho rahi hai mere sath?" Dejected, Anokhi buried her face into her palms. She looked up after a long pause "Mein kuch samji nahi. Mein ne dekha tha PS ko ek ladki ko propose karthey hue. But what about the love I saw in his eyes for me? Aur PS ke yeh saare harkath dekhe... matlab hostel tak aa gaye the, ithni saare calls aur messages. I don't know what I should make out of this"