Shakhi TS Oui, Chef Pt III | B |

Shakhi TS Oui, Chef

Part Three | B |

On one fine night after work hours everyone left save for Shaurya. It was around ten forty-five and he was busy checking with the stock list. Once done, he stretched his tired limbs and walked inside the chef locker room to collect his belongings.

Once Shaurya reached the down floor, he checked himself out to the receptionist records and walked towards the parking lot. Just as he was walking, he heard screams making him pause on his track.

Shaurya's heart stopped beating for a second when he saw Anokhi trying to get herself out of the grip of a man who's shouting hysterically. He immediately run towards them and held the hysterical man from behind.

"Shaurya!" Anokhi exclaimed; her face tear filled.

"Chodo mujhe!" Karthick screamed as he tried to break from Shaurya's grip but couldn't.

Anokhi was too taken aback to see Shaurya in front of her but composed herself quickly and picked the injection from the floor which Karthick pushed out of her hands.

Just when Anokhi was about to leave from parking lot, her brother came all a sudden and demanded money so that he can buy substance for him. She denied and he became hysterical and started screaming and shaking her. She tried to inject him but couldn't.

"Anokhi! Mujhe kaho ki mujhe chod dhe!" Karthick screamed.

Now that Shaurya's holding Karthick, Anokhi quickly injected the dose to Karthick who's yelling started to fade slowly as he fell unconscious in Shaurya's arms. By then Shaurya realized that the person isn't a stranger misbehaving with Anokhi but someone she knows.

Anokhi cried seeing her brother unconscious in Shaurya's arm. She let out her tears and sobs not bothering about Shaurya's presence. She's tired of seeing her brother this way. Her legs gave away and she collapsed on the ground as she cried.

Shaurya's heart tugged on seeing Anokhi cry. He adjusted the guy in his arms and dragged the guy to his car. He placed the guy in the back seat before rushing to Anokhi's side and knelt down beside her.

"Anokhi"

That was all Shaurya said and Anokhi threw herself in his embrace. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her and tried to comfort her as he sat down beside her.

"Sshh, calm down. Kuch nahi hua" Shaurya repeatedly whispered in her ears as he tried to calm her down.

Shaurya caressed Anokhi's locks comfortingly as he felt her cry against him, her whole form shaking. He realized she needed to cry her heart out and just stayed silent, comforting her with his presence. His heart clenched when he heard her hiccupping through her tears.

Once Shaurya felt Anokhi's tears died down, he broke their hug and cupped her face. Her eyes were red and swollen. Tears were still making their way out of her eyes. He wiped her tears with his thumb as they stared into each other's eyes.

"Shaurya" Anokhi managed to say in her cracked tone as she tried to swallow down her tears.

"I'm here, right with you" Shaurya assured, his thumb caressing her cheek to let her know that he's here in person.

Anokhi took a deep breath and tried to compose herself. She placed her hand on top of Shaurya's that's resting on her cheek and gently removed his hand from her face.

"I'm okay" Anokhi said as she wiped her tears and Shaurya moved back from her.

A pregnant silence dominated the air around them as they sat next to each other on the ground until Anokhi broke it.