FIVE

Madison: hey, are you free to talk? i'm not doing so great right now.

Dom: i always have free time for you. what's going on?

Madison: my hands are shaking and i can't breathe normally. i think i'm having a panic attack.

Dom: hey, just close your eyes and take slow breaths. in through your nose and out through your mouth. can you do that for me?

Madison: okay, I can try.

Madison: i don't think it's working, Dom. i can't stop crying now.

Dom: is there anything I can do to make it better?

Madison: just take my heart out. that will make it better.

Dom: you have no idea how much i hate those words coming from you. i really wish i could make it better for you, love.

Madison: i know and im really trying to work on it. im also working on gaining the courage to actually tell you in detail what's going on with me.

Dom: take all the time you need. there's no rush. you don't have to tell me anything you aren't comfortable telling.

Madison: i know. but i have to tell someone eventually or it's just going to keep eating me alive.

Dom: then i will be here to listen when you're ready. maybe actually telling someone will start to make you feel better and think more clearly.

Madison: i hope you're right. im sick of being like this.

Madison: im really sorry for always bothering you with this. i know it can be annoying having to talk to someone who is always sad.

Dom: you're not bothering me at all. mental health is no joke. if you need help, then you need it. there's nothing to be sorry for.

Madison: how did i get so lucky when i found you? you're literally so nice to me and so patient.

Dom: the universe sends you a savoir when you call out for help. maybe i was sent to be yours.