SIXTEEN

Madison waited patiently for her brother and the boys to arrive, mindlessly serving drinks to those who were already sitting at the bar. She had already told Matt that her brother agreed to help, him being very thankful before he clocked out and left for the night.

After about an hour, her phone buzzed in her back pocket. She quickly pulled it out to check the notification. It was a new tweet from her brother.

@machinegunkelly: free concert at the vault tonight! come hang out with us.

@rookxx: @madibaker you better be glad that i love you. i was having the best nap.

She smiled and rolled her eyes to the heavens before the front doors of the bar burst open, a bunch of girls filing in one after the other. There was no way that all of them were at least twenty-one. They couldn't be in here if they weren't. "I'm gonna need to see some identification, ladies." Madison yelled out to them, some of the girls groaning and leaving the bar to wait for her brother outside.

Once everyone else had been cleared, she began pouring drink after drink, more busy than she had ever been while working at this place. When the door opened once again, she was greeted by a few of her brothers security guards. They each gave Madison a swift nod before two of them went to stand by the stage, the other standing by the door.

When her brother came in, the obnoxious screaming from the girls who were allowed to stay began. She found herself wishing he wouldn't have sent out that tweet. Colson was quick to approach the bar, his beaming smile landing on her. "Hey, bartender. Pour me a drink?"

"Are you gonna ask me nicely?" She fired back, her lips forming into a small smirk. He let out a deep laugh, his attention turning to a girl who was sitting on a barstool two seats down from him when she decided to stick her nose into a private conversation.

"Wow, are you really going to be rude to a customer? Especially Machine Gun Kelly?" She scoffed, clearly not knowing that they were related. Which was kind of funny because if she were really a fan then she would have seen the photos he posts of the both of them.

"Wow, are you really going to be rude to a customer? Especially Machine Gun Kelly?" Madison did her best to mock the girls nasally voice, Colson trying his best not to laugh. "Shut the fuck up or get out. He is my brother. Not that I need to explain myself to you." The girl clearly looked embarassed when Colson waved her goodbye and she stomped off to find her friends.

"That was harsh. Who knew you were such an asshole?" Colson asked, a bright grin spreading across his lips. Madison turned to grab her brother a beer before placing it on the bar in front of him. She grabbed a towel and began wiping off the counter.

"Hm, I wonder where I get it from? Gee, I can't think of a single thing." She spoke in a sarcastic tone before her eyes went to the door when Dom walked in, a huge smile immediately coming to her lips. Colson spun around in his seat to see what she was so happy about, not surprised by what he saw.

"Excuse me, I know when i'm no longer needed." He picked up his beer and got up to his feet before he made his way over to the stage to get ready to perform.

"Wow, this bar is incredible. And the fact that they have such an adorable bartender is a bonus." She rolled her eyes with a smile at Dom's attempt to jokingly flirt with her before she turned to grab another beer and held it out for him.

"If that's your way of trying to get a free beer out of me, then you succeeded." He took the bottle from her and brought it up to his lips before chugging half of it.

***

"Madison, come on! I have never gotten to hear you sing and I'm your best friend! This is a load of bullshit." Rook was trying to persuade her to go up on stage, he was joking but a little serious at the same time. She just kept shaking her head, her biggest fear being singing in front of anyone but her niece, Casie. She used to sing her lullabies when she was little.

"I'm not doing it. There's no way I'm going up there." She wished she could run and hide in the bathroom when he got the entire bar to cheer her name to encourage her to face her fear. For someone who was so afraid of singing in front of people, she sure wrote a lot of songs.

"I can stand right by the stage if you want to try." Dom told her in a soft tone, a small smile spreading across his lips. She let out a deep sigh, not wanting to look like a chicken in front of him. She nodded, finally giving in to the peer pressure before she made her way to the stage.

She picked up Dom's guitar and played a few test chords before stepping up to the mic. "I wrote this song myself so please take it easy on me." She took a deep breath and began playing thr chords she imagined for her song.

Shot guns and roses
Make a deadly potion
Heartbreak explosions
In reckless motion
Teddy bears and "i'm sorry" letters
Don't seem to make it better
Don't bury me alive
Sweet talkin' alibi

But I can't stop the rush
And I can't give you up
No I know you're no good for me
You're no good for me

I fell in love with the devil
And now I'm in trouble
I fell in love with the devil
I'm underneath his spell

Someone send me an angel
To lend me a halo
I fell in love with the devil
Please save me from this hell

Got me playin' with fire
Baby hand me the lighter
Tastes just like danger
Chaotic anger

Angels and devils always fight over me
Take me to heaven
Wake me up from this dream
Even in sunlight
Clouds shadow over me
It's now or never, wake me up from this dream.