FORTY

Madison was shaking backstage at their show in Miami, terrified of the screaming fans in the crowd. The more they screamed, the more her hands began shaking.

"Hey." Dom reached out to grab her by her shoulders, his eyes staring straight into hers to try and get a sense of how she was truly feeling. "It's going to be okay. They are here to see you too."

"That's the problem. What if I screw up and they boo me off the stage?" It was clear that she was worrying for no reason. She was insanely talented. There was no way that she was going to screw up.

"My fans aren't like that. Trust me. They will give you another shot." Madison hoped he was telling the truth and not just saying that to make her less nervous.

"I hope you're right." Madison peeked around the curtain to see the large crowd, every single one of them chanting Dom's name.

"Madison, it's time." Dom's tour manager told her before Dom placed his hands on either side of her face and pulled her in for a quick kiss.

"You're gonna do great, baby. Promise." She took a few deep breaths to calm her anxiety, the intro to sk8r boi filling the entire arena. Madison grabbed her guitar that belonged to her brother beforehand and stepped out onto the stage.

She immediately went up to the mic, locking eyes with a fan in the front row that was furiously waving at her to get her attention. The girl mouthed the words 'I love you' which gave her the confidence she needed.

"Hey was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it anymore obvious? He was a punk, she did ballet. What more can I say?" She sang at the top of her lungs, the cheers from the crowd getting louder which made her smile.

"He wanted her, she'd never tell. Secretly she wanted him as well." She didn't even need to close her eyes, she felt comfortable just from the reaction from the crowd.

"But all of her friends, stuck up their nose. They had a problem with his baggy clothes." Madison went to play her guitar when the chorus started, her smile growing immensely.

"He was a skater boy, she said see you later boy. He wasn't good enough for her. She had a pretty face but her head was up in space, she needed to come back down to Earth."

Madison turned her head to look at Dom who was standing backstage, a huge smile on his face as he gave her a thumbs up, letting her know she was doing great.

"Five years from now, she sits at home. Feeding the baby, she's all alone. She turns on tv, guess who she sees? Skater boy rocking up mtv."

"She calls up her friends, they already know and they've all got tickets to see his show. She tags along and stands in the crowd, looks up the man that she turned down."

Madison knew that she wanted this. She was no longer nervous or scared. Dom's fans made you feel comfortable in front of them and they seemed to have a positive reaction to her.

Madison grabbed the mic and went over to bend down in front of the girl who waved at her and stared straight into the camera on her phone. "Sorry, girl, but you missed out. Well, tough luck that boy's mine now. We are more than just good friends, this is how the story ends."

"Too bad that you couldn't see, see the man that boy could be. There is more that meets the eye, I see the soul that is inside." She stood back up and began walking across the stage to greet other fans, her smile still bright.

"He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl. Can I make it any more obvious? We are in love, haven't you heard, how we rock each other's world?"

When her set ended, Madison ran backstage and threw herself into Dom's arms, happy tears spilling from her eyes. "I told you that you would be great."

"I actually did it. I fucking did it!" She exclaimed in an excited tone, her attention being diverted from Dom when she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

She looked up to see Rook holding a dozen roses, his arms wide open for her. She jumped down out of Dom's arms and took off running toward him, throwing her arms around his waist. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you think we would miss your first real performance?" Rook hugged her back tightly, pressing a soft kiss to the top of her head.

"We?" She turned to see her brother walking toward them, a huge grin on his lips. "Bubs!" She shouted before she was pulled away from Rook and wrapped into a bear hug.

"I told you that you would do great. You get it from me." She rolled her eyes playfully at her brothers conceited behavior before she took the roses from both him and Rook.

"I love you guys. I'm so glad you're here." She let out a deep sigh as she looked back and forth between the both of them. "How long can you be here?"

"Just for the night. We're gonna spend as much time with you as we can before we have to leave again."

To say that Madison was happy was a complete understatement. She was beyond that. This was the best surprise she could have ever imagined receiving.

A/N: this is the end of book one. im sad to see this end because i really enjoyed this book. thank you all for being so supportive of my work. you mean a lot to me.