TWENTY-TWO

"Rook, stop! Please don't do this. It's not worth it. It will only make things worse." Rook was beyond pissed and Madison was trying to stop him from doing something stupid. Which was hard because he was more stubborn than she was. Rook was pacing the floor of the booth. She knew there was no way she was going to be able to calm him down.

"You need to tell your brother." He told her. Her eyes went wide in fear. She knew how temperamental her brother was. He would instantly go find Dean. And with Rook by his side, there was no stopping either one of them. She was just one person. A girl with only boys as friends and family. She was way outnumbered.

"I can't tell him and you know that. You know what he will do, Rookie." She mumbled to him, watching as he spun around to face her, his hands clenched and anger shining in his eyes like a raging forest fire.

"You either tell him yourself or I will. He has to know. He's my best friend. I can't keep something like this from him. Especially about his baby sister. He would never forgive me and I would most likely lose my job, Madi." She knew he was right and understood his reasoning. But she was so scared for him to find out.

She couldn't move. She was frozen to the spot. The tears were streaming down her face again. Rook took this as a sign that she wasn't going to say a word. He went over to the door and opened it before he stepped outside. Madison couldn't move to even stop him. Not that she could if she even wanted to. Telling Rook was a huge mistake.

The door was closed so she couldn't hear what was being said, but Colson and Dom both heard the story Rook was frantically telling them. They both looked just as pissed as Rook was. Madison was finally able to move. She opened the booth door and ran out of the studio as fast as she could.

She ignored the three boys calling her name and kept running. She was running down the street looking for somewhere, anywhere to hide. She didn't want to be around them and be reminded of what she has been through. She has been trying to push it to the back of her mind.

She knew they would be mad for her not telling them the full truth, especially Colson. He made a vow when they were little to always protect her and she didn't give him the chance to do that. He had no idea, therefore he couldn't have even tried to stand up for her.

Colson bolted out of the studio, desperately searching the parking lot and surrounding area for her. He was more mad at himself than her for not paying attention to the signs. The way she looked so unhappy when she was with him, the way she didn't seem to want him around at all. He felt so stupid.

"Madison!" He shouted, feeling his heart begain to race. There was no sign of her. He began to panic, turning to face Rook and Dom who came running outside as well. "Go grab a car. I don't care which one, just please help me find her." He begged before he bolted across the parking lot and hopped into his white range rover.

Madison was sitting on a park bench, hugging her knees to her chest as she slowly rocked back and forth, trying to calm her anxiety on her own. It was starting to rain but she didn't care. She didn't care about anything at the moment. Not even her phone that was blowing up in the pocket of her jacket.

When it started to get dark, she started feeling cold. Her clothes were soaking wet, unable to provide her with the warmth that she desperately needed. She had no idea how far she was from home. She would probably never find it on foot. She knew she had to text one of them so they could come get her.

She reached into her jacket pocket and pulled out her phone to see that she had multiple missed calls and texts.

Colson: Madi, where the fuck are you? It's been hours. You have me worried sick.

Rook: Mads, please call me. I'm sorry. I should have never told him.

Dom: Baby, where are you? I will come get you.

She smiled to herself when she read that he called her baby. She went to his contact and pressed the call button before holding it to her ear. It rang only once before she heard him pick up. "Maddie." He breathed, sounding relieved that he had finally heard from her. She started to feel guilty that she had worried him.

"Dom, will you come get me? I'm freezing."

"You know I will. Where are you?"

"I'm at the park. I'm not sure which one. It's next to a seven eleven."

It went quiet for a moment, Dom probably asking one of the boys where exactly that park was. It took him only a couple of seconds to come back to the phone. "I'm on my way. Go to the seven eleven and stay inside so you aren't out in the rain anymore."

"Okay." She mumbled before she hung up the phone and stood up from the bench. She quickly jogged over to the store and stepped inside, welcomed by the warm air that fanned her face. She went over to one of the coolers before she grabbed a bottle of apple juice and made her way over to the counter to put it down so the woman at the register could scan it.

"Is that all for you, dear?" Madison slowly nodded before she reached into the pocket of her skinny jeans and pulled out a twenty, handing it over to her.

"Keep the change." She mumbled before she turned to see headlights shining in the windows, her brothers car coming into view. She watched Dom get out before coming into the store to get her. She opened her juice when he locked eyes with her and took a small sip before quickly walking over to him.

"You scared the shit out of me." He was quick to pull her in for a tight hug. She could hear his heart beating faster than the last time she heard it. All she wanted to do in that moment was go home, change into some warm clothes, and climb into bed with him.

"I'm sorry. Can we go home now? I want cuddles." Dom couldn't help but laugh before he took his jacket off and wrapped it around her before leading her out to the car.