TWENTY-NINE

As soon as Madison's ep was recorded, before she ever put it out to the public, she sent the link to Dom to get his opinion. She was nervous but more than happy over how this turned out. It was exactly how she imagined it to be.

She put so much of her emotions into this, one of the songs was about Dean, but most of them were about Dom even though she would probably never tell him that. He would know way too much if she did, things she probably shouldn't even feel yet. They were her personal thoughts.

When her phone began ringing about a half hour later and Dom's name appeared on her screen, a bright smile appeared on her face. She quickly answered the phone and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

He wasted no time in throwing compliments at her. "Madison, that was incredible. If you don't release that, I will personally come back to the States, take your phone, and do it myself." She felt her heart swell over his words, thankful that he liked what she had done.

"If that's all it will take to get you back here then i'm not releasing it." She joked, a small smile coming to her lips. She could hear him laugh on the other end of the call. He loved to hear how much she missed him.

"I'll be back before you know it." He promised, vowing to keep it. He couldn't leave her alone for very long, it would drive him insane. "Please, release the ep. I promise you won't regret it. I know it will blow up."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

She glanced over at Rook who gave her a thumbs up as encouragement to do it as well. He ended up working with her on the entire thing. "Oh, I also recorded the song you wanted. It didn't quite fit with the ep so i'm going to release it separately."

Dom flashed the biggest smile when he heard that she was going to release her work, excited to see how well it was going to do. He had a secret plan in mind. As soon as her ep was released, he was going to take it to his label and try to get them interested in her.

He wasn't going to tell her about it, he wanted it to be a surprise. "I can't wait to hear it. Did you get Rook to help you?"

"Yeah, he helped me with the whole ep. He's probably the reason it sounds so great." Rook was laughing in the background the word 'bullshit' coming out of his mouth.

"He's only half of the reason. You played a major role in that." She loved how Dom was always quick to reverse the negative thoughts she had. It was as if he refused to let her think the way that she does.

"I love you. So much it's unreal." She confessed to him, her smile widening as she thought about it. She still had no idea how he broke through her walls and made her feel this way.

"I love you just as much." She couldn't help but wonder why they loved each other but weren't officially together yet. That didn't make any sense to her. "I have to go. I released a song this morning. I have to go promote it."

She made a mental note to go listen to his song. She loved him before she knew who he was, she had to keep up with his music. "Okay. Call me later?"

"Of course. I love you. Stay safe."

When she hung up the phone, she went straight to Spotify to upload her ep, the loading period giving her unnecessary anxiety. In the middle of it being uploaded, her brother came into the living room and grabbed her attention.

"Mads, we need to talk." She gave him a confused look before she followed him into the kitchen and took a seat at the table, placing her phone down.

"What's going on?"

"We are going on tour soon. You won't be left alone this time. We have found someone to stay here with you while we are gone. They won't be here the whole time, they will be switching out with someone else."

She didn't quite like the idea of being an adult who needed a babysitter but she understood her brothers reasoning. "Is it really necessary for me to have a babysitter?"

"Can you guarantee me your safety? Can you promise me that nothing will happen to you while Rook and I are gone?" When she lowered her gaze to the table, he had his answer.

"Exactly. This person will make damn sure you're safe. I trust them one hundred percent with you."

She wondered who this person was that was so trustworthy. Colson didn't trust very many people when it came to her, especially after the incident with Dean.

"Are you at least going to tell me who it is?"

"No. They asked me not to tell you yet."

She thought that was sketchy and weird. It honestly made her a little uncomfortable. "When do you leave?"

"In a week."

She had a week to spend time with Rook and her brother before they left for god knows how long this time. Their tours usually took a long time depending on if they stayed in the states or went overseas.

She was dreading having someone watch over her.